This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Axis M3086-V
The Bosch NWD-495 FlexiDomeDN is a toughened, vandal-resistant and IP54 rated IP camera designed for demanding environments as part of your IP CCTV security solutions. The camera also offers powerful anti-tampering detection with Power over Ethernet support which makes the NWD-495 a robust and reliable surveillance device.
Output from the NWD-495 is in the form of MPEG-4 and JPEG streams. Two MPEG-4 and one JPEG stream can be created simultaneously within the camera. This means that three different viewers or applications can stream at three different resolutions, for instance a low quality MPEG-4 stream for remote viewing, a high quality MPEG-4 stream for local viewing at maximum resolution and a JPEG stream for PDA use, all being produced simultaneously. In conjunction with this, the NWD-495 also offers a composite analogue output for integration with legacy CCTV systems.
The NWD-495 is a fixed dome camera offering 360° pan and 90° tilt providing a wide variety of angles to which the view can be set. Images are provided by a 1/3 inch interline transfer CCD sensor in conjunction with a 3-9mm varifocal lens. This network camera delivers a high frame rate of 25 images per second can be maintained across its entire resolution range. To handle low-light conditions, Bosch have designed the NWD-495 with a mechanical IR cut filter. This cuts out infrared light during the day but then opens in low light conditions to provide a black and white image at a much lower light level. This can be triggered automatically by the camera or manually from within the camera interface meaning that even in light levels as low as 0.011 lux, the camera will produce a useable image. When using infrared lighting the camera can be set to automatically tell whether a better image is produced from conventional light or from the IR lighting and can keep the camera in black and white mode if required.
With the NWD-495, Bosch have also added digital signal processing functions to enhance sensitivity. In addition, XF Dynamic improves the dynamic range of the camera, allowing it to see detail when very bright and very dark areas are in the same scene.
The NWD-495 also features sophisticated tamper detection software. This detects when the camera is defocused, moved or covered up and will alert you if such problems are detected. An additional option for the NWD-495 is Bosch’s Intelligent Video Motion Detection (IVMD) software (not supplied) which offers an impressive range of facilities to reduce the amount of false alarms registered by the camera.
Like all IP cameras offered on www.networkwebcams.co.uk, the Bosch NWD-0495 has a built-in web server and can be viewed over a Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN) or via the Internet as a streaming IP webcam.
Note: This network camera does not include a power supply. Please select one from the options above.
Bosch NWD-495 FlexiDomeDN - Key benefits:
- Toughened casing with polycarbonate dome in conjunction with tamper detection means the camera can be installed in wide range of exposed locations
- IP54 rating provides dust and splash resistance allowing the camera to be placed outdoors with a little extra attention paid to it’s location. Install under the eaves of a roof for example
- Switchable IR cut filter and infrared sensitivity makes the camera ideal for low light conditions providing 24 hour monitoring
- Tri-streaming system optimises bandwidth use
- iSCSI support allows the camera to communicate directly to iSCSI storage devices without the need for an additional network video recorder
- Power over Ethernet support makes camera installation quick, easy and cost effective
Bosch NWD-495 FlexiDomeDN - Key features:
- 1/3 inch interline CCD imaging sensor
- Max. resolution 704x576(4CIF)
- Max. 25/30 images per second across all resolutions
- Uses MPEG-4 compression, bandwidth throttling and multicasting capabilities to manage balancing bandwidth and storage requirements against image quality
- XF-dynamic for extended dynamic range allowing the camera to provide clear images in area of high contrast
- Intelligent video features include tamper detection which can alert a user when the camera has been moved, obscured or damaged. Optional license for intelligent video motion detection can be added (not supplied)
- Minimum illumination of 0.011 lux required for usable images (night mode, 30 IRE, sense up)
- High impact vandal resistant housing with tough polycarbonate bubble
- IEEE802.3af Power over Ethernet support
- Tri-streaming video modes using MPEG-4 and MJPEG
- Manage network settings and basic camera set up using an on screen display using analogue output on a monitor to aid installation. Install the camera without the need for network connection, computer or laptop
- iSCSI support allows connection of network attached storage devices without stand-along video recording equipment
Bosch NWD-495 FlexiDomeDN - Typical applications:
- The Bosch NWD-495 FlexiDome is best suited for outdoor security and IP CCTV applications where the camera is not directly exposed to water and where changing light conditions or night viewing is required such as subways, motorway underpasses, office car parks and warehouse loading bays or any other public space or facility
Bosch NWD-495 FlexiDomeDN - Key technical indicators:
- Storage efficient tri-streaming: dual MPEG-4 and JPEG simultaneously
- Sensor: 1/3 inch interline transfer CCD
- Lens: 3 -9mm varifocal lens with manual zoom and focus adjustment, IR corrected, auto iris, horizontal viewing angle: 90.3° (wide) – 31.9° (tele)
- Available frame rates: up to 25/30 images per second across all resolutions
- Available Resolutions: 704x576(4CIF), 704x288(2CIF), 352x576(halfD1), 352x288(CIF), 176x144(QCIF)
- Compression format: MPEG-4 and JPEG
- Minimum light level required: Colour: 0.032 lux (30 IRE, SenseUp), 0.069 lux (50 IRE, SenseUp), NightMode: 0.011lux (30 IRE, SenseUp), 0.027 (50 IRE, SenseUp)
- Number of simultaneous users: 5
- Internal memory: 10Mb
- Power: 12VDC, 24VAC, IEEE802.3af PoE
- Supported protocols: Telnet, RTP, HTTP, ARP, TCP, UDP, IP, ICMP, IGMPv2/v3, SNMP
- Construction: IP54 rated aluminium body, clear polycarbonate dome with UV-blocking and anti-scratch coating
Operating temperatures: -10°C to +40°C (+14°F to +104°F)
Weight (without lens): 1.8kg
Bosch NWD-495 FlexiDomeDN - Connections:
- Ethernet 10/100-Base-T, auto-sensing, half/full duplex, RJ45
- 3 Pole, Push-in power connector
- Video out signal connector: 1x Analogue composite 2.5mm jack socket, 75ohm
Bosch NWD-495 FlexiDomeDN - Accessories included:
Back To Top
- Focus aid
- Quick installation guide
- CD-ROM with manual, software, and tools