Overview of the Bosch MIC IP Fusion 9000i
- VGA/QVGA thermal imaging and HD 1080p optical imaging
- Full PTZ capabilities with 360° pan, 292° tilt and 30x zoom
- Intelligent object detection and tracking on the edge
- Made from ruggedised aluminium for use in demanding weather conditions
- Dimensions: 421 mm x 298 mm x 181 mm
- Bosch 3-year warranty
Part of Bosch’s advanced MIC range, the MIC IP Fusion 9000i offers two cameras in one rugged unit. As this is a bispectral camera, the thermal sensor enables objects to be detected earlier than standard optical cameras and allows for usable footage to continue to be captured even when the optical lens is obscured. the camera features an HD 1080p optical sensor to capture detailed views up to 60 frames per second, whilst the thermal sensor provides early object detection up to 4517m with a choice of QVGA (320 pixels) or VGA (640 pixels) resolution (please select from dropdown menu) and a range of user-adjustable settings to optimise footage. One of the key features of this impressive unit is its use of Metadata Fusion. This intelligent technology blends object detection data from both sensors and displays them in a single view. This advanced technology allows users to quickly switch to the thermal view and continue tracking an object when visibility is limited or the sensor becomes obscured, enabling full situational awareness, with the metadata overlay visible on the optical image.
Available in three colours, allowing the camera to more easily blend into its surroundings, the MIC Fusion 9000i’s thermal sensor also comes in a range of lens sizes including 9mm, 19mm and 50mm – offering views of 70°, 16° and 12.4° respectively. The camera also features full pan/tilt/zoom capabilities with 360° endless pan and +/-90° tilt range (dependent on mounting) for detailed navigation of the entire scene. The optical sensor also offers 30x zoom for detailed examination and close monitoring of objects of interest. Furthermore, when used alongside compatible mounting accessories (select from dropdown menu), this durable camera is IP68 and IK10-rated, allowing it to be situated in areas prone to demanding conditions such as high winds, rain, fog, and ice. This unit is also able to withstand a 2000-hour salt atmosphere and a temperature range of -40 °C to 65 °C, making it suitable for marine or industrial environments.
Designed for 24-hour use, the MIC Fusion 9000i is fitted with an IR-cut filter and features Starlight technology for full-colour video capture in extreme low-light conditions. Video captured in scenes with high contrast lighting is improved with High Dynamic Range technology. By ensuring details in both bright and dark areas are not lost, objects and individuals can be more easily identified and tracked. Image stabilisation is also included to steady the camera image as it pans or zooms, ensuring clear and smooth footage. Moreover, the thermal sensor has twelve selectable scene modes, enabling users to adjust the sensor to optimise thermal video capture and maximise early detection capabilities.
In addition to the impressive object detection via thermal imaging and Metadata Fusion technology, Bosch Intelligent Video Analytics comes pre-installed on this unit, allowing users to accurately detect, track and analyse moving objects that appear in the viewing area. This analytics suite can reliably detect and classify objects such as an upright person, car, bike, or truck – enabling object-based alarm and recording triggers to be set, generating fewer false alerts triggered by extreme weather conditions or dirt on the lens. Activity metadata such as crowd density estimation, occupancy and people counting is also gathered, providing users with greater scene awareness. Intelligent tracking keeps key objects in view, following them around the viewing area – this is available both automatically, based on object detection or manually through ‘click mode’. Additionally, finding objects when reviewing footage is easy with dedicated object filters, allowing users to define objects by size, speed, direction, aspect ratio, or colour, enabling objects of interest or events to be located quickly.
With 16GB onboard storage, this useful camera is able to function as a standalone unit or can store a backup of data in the event of network failure – ensuring no important information is lost due to downtime. The camera’s live and recorded video streams can be remotely accessed from anywhere thanks to the Bosch viewer mobile application, allowing users to stay aware of activity, even when not on-site. The unit’s ONVIF compatibility also allows it to be added to third-party VMS products such as Milestone XProtect to provide advanced management options for larger installations.
A range of universal mounting kits are available across all MIC cameras, making it easier to select and purchase the correct accessories to fit the camera in the optimal position – selectable from the dropdown menu, these mounting kits work with most MIC series cameras. For use in demanding environments, the camera includes a built-in wiper and defroster to keep the sensors clear and able to function in wet or freezing conditions. To simplify installation and reduce the number of wires required, the MIC Fusion 9000i receives power and network through one Ethernet cable with support for Power-over-Ethernet Plus (PoE+) and storage capacity is kept to a minimum, without compromising video quality, thanks to intelligent streaming capabilities.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the accessories tab if required.
Key features & benefits
- Bispectral camera with optical and thermal imaging sensors in one unit
- Offers a choice of thermal resolution: QVGA (320 pixels) or VGA (640 pixels)
- Optical lens delivers HD 1080p resolution video at up to 60fps
- Thermal sensor is available in 9mm, 19mm and 50mm models with views of 70°, 16° and 12.4°
- Full PTZ functionality including 360° pan, +/- 90° tilt and 30x zoom
- Highly accurate early object detection is available through thermal sensor
- Metadata fusion enables users to switch to thermal imaging when optical sensor becomes obscured
- Available in a choice of 3 colours to blend in with almost any environment
- IK10 and IP68-rated when attached to mounting accessories, making it suitable for demanding conditions
- Able to withstand a 2000-hour salt atmosphere and temperatures of -40 °C to 65 °C
- Full-colour video is available in dark conditions with Starlight technology
- High dynamic range retains details in high-contrast lighting
- Footage is steadied when the camera pans or tilts with image stabilisation
- 12 thermal scene modes are available to offer the best possible thermal image in various conditions
- Highly accurate object detection and classification is available with Bosch Intelligent Video Analytics
- Intelligent tracking follows objects around the viewing area, making sure nothing is missed
- Objects can be filtered according to size, speed, direction, aspect ratio, and colour for easy retrieval of footage
- 16GB onboard storage is available to use as a backup or a standalone solution
- Universal mounting kits are available across all MIC series cameras
- Equipped for use in wet or frosty conditions with built-in window wiper and defroster
- Power and network connection is streamlined with PoE+
- Intelligent streaming optimises bandwidth and reduces storage requirements
Built with highly accurate and proactive object detection in mind, the Bosch MIC IP Fusion 9000i PTZ captures reliable thermal and optical imaging in a single unit. Even when conditions mean that the optical sensor becomes obscured, for example when covered by fog or steam, the thermal sensor can still capture usable footage - making the unit suitable for perimeter surveillance or for use in critical infrastructure or industrial applications such as ports, power stations or tunnels.
- Installation guide
- User manual
- Base gasket
- RJ45 coupler
- MAC address labels
- Ground screw
Optional (please select from the accessories tab if required):
Mounting options (select optional accessories from dropdown menu)
- Thermal imaging cameras are only sold to businesses and not to private individuals
- Export restrictions apply to certain countries
- Thermal cameras are non-returnable unless faulty and covered by manufacturer warranty
IMPORTANT WARNING: Thermal cameras are not suitable for coronavirus, fever or COVID-19 detection and we do not recommend their use for this purpose.
Back To Top