Overview of the Axis Q8641-E PT
This high-performance thermal IP camera by Axis offers thermal imaging in 384 x 288 resolution that can be scaled up to 768 x 576. It delivers reliable and accurate security monitoring of areas that are often in complete darkness or subject to smoke, haze or fog. The camera is mounted on a pan-tilt (PT) motor, which allows for precise navigation across wide outdoor locations. Additional features include Axis Zipstream technology and on-board MicroSD card storage.
The positioning camera can be mounted onto a column, wall or pole and has the potential to provide a 360° unobstructed field of view, as well as a ‘ground to sky’ 135° vertical angle of view. Jerk-free, variable pan/tilt movements (0.05°/s to 120°/s) allow users to navigate quickly and precisely across a large scene to specific regions – ensuring no activity is missed.
Designed for use in exposed locations, the unit features an IP66-rated aluminium housing and offers support for cold start-up which allows continuous operation in temperatures as low as -40°C. In addition, Electronic Image Stabilisation (EIS) technology is also included to help reduce the effects of camera movement from vibrations or harsh weather conditions.
Video motion detection methods are configurable to help alert users of possible incidents and alarm signalling can be enhanced with the connection of external alarm sources via the built-in I/O ports. In addition, motion detection can be used to trigger certain tasks such as starting a guard tour or moving directly to a pre-set location to ensure all activity is captured. Thermal imaging cameras are less sensitive to shadows and challenging light conditions, resulting in greater accuracy and fewer false alarms than non-thermal network cameras.
Axis' Zipstream technology is also included to help lower bandwidth and storage requirements. It does this by analysing and optimising the video stream in real-time, recording interesting detail in high quality, whilst filtering other areas out.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the dropdown menu if required.
Key features & benefits
- Thermal IP cameras provide accurate detection and reliable security monitoring with a reduced occurrence of false alarms
- Offers thermal imaging in 384 x 288 resolution that can be scaled up to 768 x 576 resolution
- Pan-tilt mount with jerk-free, 360° pan and ‘ground to sky’ 135° tilt for precise navigation across wide areas
- Guard tours and up to 256 preset positions are supported – all of which can be configured to trigger on an event basis
- Robust, IP66-rated housing allows for safe deployment in outdoor locations
- Support for cold start-up enables the camera to function in temperatures as low as -40°C
- Effects of camera movement are reduced with Electronic Image Stabilisation (EIS) technology
- Enhanced security monitoring with a range of configurable video motion detection alarms
- Axis Zipstream technology lowers bandwidth by analysing and optimising the video stream in real-time
- Recordings can be stored locally to the on-board MicroSD card (not included) and used as a backup if the network fails
Compatible recording platforms:
The Axis Q8641-E PT thermal positioning IP camera allows large sites to be monitored responsively and provides advanced detection in outdoor areas that require reliable and accurate security surveillance. Typical applications include power plants, shipping docks and prisons.
- Installation guide
- Windows decoder 1-user licence
- Power connector
- I/O connector
- Torx bits T20 and T30
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu & accessories tab):
- Power supply
- MicroSD card
- Thermal imaging cameras are only sold to businesses and not to private individuals
- Export restrictions apply to certain countries
- Thermal cameras are non-returnable unless faulty and covered by manufacturer warranty
IMPORTANT WARNING: Thermal cameras are not suitable for coronavirus, fever or COVID-19 detection and we do not recommend their use for this purpose.
Mounting options (select optional accessories from the dropdown menu)
Back To Top