Overview of the Bosch DINION IP 4000i Bullet HD
This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Bosch DINION IP 3000i
The Bosch DINION IP bullet 4000i provides full HD 1080p images at up to 25 frames per second (fps). The unit supports true day/night recording and is enhanced by integrated infrared (IR) illumination which provides up to 60m of long-range night vision. Designed for durable external use, it’s IP67 and IK10-rated casing provides protection against harsh weather conditions and attempts of vandalism. Additional features include built-in Bosch Essential Video Analytics, two-way audio, edge storage, H.265 compression and support for Power-over-Ethernet (PoE).
The camera features a varifocal lens which provides horizontal viewing angles up to 100° and allows optimum scene coverage to be set during installation. Users can define regions of interest which create separate streams for viewing and recording. This allows these areas to be monitored more closely, separate from the main stream – whilst still retaining full situational awareness. Specific areas of the original image can be examined in more detail with electronic pan/tilt/zoom (E-PTZ) controls and help to identify persons or objects.
Bosch’s edge based technology, Essential Video Analytics, offers a comprehensive range of configurable alarms to help provide dynamic and accurate surveillance. It’s i-LIDS approved and users can set up to 8 rules to run concurrently (total of 14 available). As video is captured, detailed metadata is attached which allows users to easily find specific footage from hours of video. All this processing can be done without placing any additional load on the network due to it being run at the edge.
Intelligent defog is supported which automatically adjusts parameters to help improve clarity in foggy or misty conditions. This feature can be set to run continuously or only activate when visibility is low. Additionally, Intelligent Dynamic Noise Reduction (IDNR) helps to produce clearer imaging by analysing and reducing levels of noise that are commonly seen in low-light video. By combining these together with the unit’s efficient H.265 compression technology, users are provided with reduced bandwidth streams that still retain high image quality.
Area-based encoding improves bandwidth management by allowing the user to define compression parameters for up to eight regions. Regions that have less importance can be highly compressed to leave the majority of available bandwidth for more important areas. A microphone and speaker (not included) can be connected through the audio I/O ports to enable audio recording and two-way communication with those close to the camera. In addition, this unit supports edge storage through the on-board microSD card (not included) and can be remotely viewed via the free Bosch Video Security app.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the accessories tab if required.
Key features & benefits
- Capable of delivering HD 1080p resolution at 25 frames per second, providing high quality IP CCTV footage
- Varifocal lens offers horizontal viewing angles from 100° to 33°
- True day/night functionality provides 24-hour CCTV surveillance
- Built-in infrared LEDs illuminate up to a distance of 60m
- IP67 and IK10-rated for durable outdoor use in harsh weather conditions
- Enhanced security monitoring with the use of Bosch’s edge-based Essential Video Analytics
- Intelligent dynamic noise reduction improves video quality in low lighting and reduces bandwidth
- Defog technology improves clarity in areas with misty and foggy conditions
- Configurable camera-based video motion detection alarms help to alert users of activity via notifications such as email
- External devices can be connected through the camera’s integrated I/O ports to enhance alarm signalling
- Edge recording to MicroSD card (not included) provides a data back up in the event of network failure
- Two-way audio is supported with the connection of a microphone and speaker (not included)
- Support for power and network connectivity through PoE enables simple installation
- Easy access to the camera via the Bosch Video PC Client, web browser or free Bosch Video Security mobile app
Compatible recording platforms
- Milestone XProtect
- Bosch Video Management System
- Bosch Video Security mobile app
The Bosch DINION IP Bullet 4000i HD network camera is an ideal solution for users that require 24-hour, highly-detailed surveillance of exposed outdoor locations. Typical applications include school grounds, service stations and arcades.
Optional (please select from the accessories tab if required):
- MicroSD card
- Bosch pole mount (LTC 9213/01)
Back To Top