This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Axis Q8615-E
Overview of the Axis Q8685-E
Part of the advanced Axis Q86 series, this PTZ positioning IP camera can deliver HD 1080p resolution video at full frame rate – 24 hours a day. It features full pan/tilt functionality and a powerful 30x optical zoom to provide comprehensive CCTV monitoring in wide outdoor locations. Additional features of this robust network camera include integrated SD card storage, Axis’ Zipstream technology and support for focus recall.
This high-performance unit is able to offer an unobstructed field of view - thanks to its 360° endless pan and ‘ground to sky’ 135° tilt. Jerk-free, variable pan/tilt movements allow users to navigate quickly and precisely across large scenes to specific areas of interest – ensuring no activity is missed if an incident occurs. In addition, the camera provides instant focus in predefined areas, even in challenging lighting conditions using focus recall. This handy feature removes the need to manually focus or wait for autofocus to adjust - useful in scenarios that require a lot of manual operation using a joystick.
Housed in an IP66-rated aluminium casing, the unit can be safely deployed in outdoor areas and support for cold start-up ensures continuous operation in temperatures as low as -40°C. Electronic Image Stabilisation (EIS) technology is also included which helps to reduce the effects of camera movement from vibrations or harsh weather conditions. In addition, wide dynamic range (WDR) – Forensic Capture improves the quality of images captured in high contrast scenes by lowering noise levels and increasing the image signal.
A range of configurable video motion detection alarms are available to help alert users of activity in pre-defined areas of the scene. These alarms can also be used in combination with Axis’ Advanced Gatekeeper so that if motion is detected, the camera will automatically pan and then zoom into a preset position. Users are also able to connect external alarm sources via the included I/O connector to help enhance alarm signalling.
Axis' Zipstream technology analyses and optimises the video stream in real time, recording interesting detail in high quality, whilst filtering other areas out to reduce bandwidth and storage use. In addition, built-in SD card storage (card not included) provides a handy back-up of data in the case of network failure.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the above dropdown menu if required.
Key features & benefits
- Delivers HD 1080p resolution at full frame rate or HD 720p at up to 50 frames per second (fps)
- 24-hour monitoring is supported (in night-mode) with the camera’s removable IR-cut filter
- Jerk-free, 360° pan and ‘ground to sky’ 135° tilt enables precise navigation across large scenes
- Regions of interest can be investigated in real-time using 30x optical zooming
- Focus recall improves PTZ performance and offers instant focus in predefined areas
- Electronic Image Stabilisation reduces the effects of camera movement for sharper image capture
- WDR - Forensic Capture improves visibility and ensures the capture of details in high contrast scenes
- IP66-rated aluminium housing allows the unit to be safely deployed in external locations
- Remote operation of the built-in washer and silicone wiper removes water or dirt that collects on the surface of the lens cover
- Cold start-up ensures continuous operation of the camera in temperatures as low as -40°C
- Intelligent video analytics, motion detection alarms and Axis’ Advanced Gatekeeper help to enhance security monitoring
- Reduced bandwidth levels with Axis’ award winning Zipstream technology
- Recordings can be stored locally to the on-board SD card (not included) and used as a backup if the network fails
Compatible recording platforms
- Axis Camera Station
- Milestone XProtect
- Morphean Cloud CCTV
- CamStreamer Cloud
The Axis Q8685-E PTZ positioning IP camera offers advanced, security monitoring and allows users to monitor large outdoor locations responsively. Typical applications include stadiums, airports and industrial sites.
- Installation Guide
- Windows decoder 1-user license
- Power connector
- I/O connector
- Torx bits T20 and T30
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu above & accessories tab if required):
- SD card
- Mounting accessories
Back To Top