This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Axis Q3538-SLVE
Overview of the Axis Q3517-SLVE
This robust, outdoor dome IP camera by Axis delivers detailed CCTV footage in 5MP resolution at up to 25 frames per second (fps), complete with true day/night recording and infrared (IR) illumination up to 40m. It's housed in a marine-grade, stainless steel casing (IK10+ rated) to offer protection in harsh environments and can be easily installed via Power-over-Ethernet (PoE). Additional features include a range of Axis’ advanced imaging technologies and edge storage.
The camera is equipped with a varifocal lens that enables optimum scene coverage to be set during installation and offers wide horizontal views of up to 96°. Support for multi-view streaming allows up to eight specific regions within the camera's field of view to be cropped and streamed separately for live viewing or recording - ideal when closely monitoring areas of interest.
Axis' OptimisedIR technology ensures an evenly illuminated image by automatically adapting the angle of illumination to the zoom level set. Imaging technologies such as Forensic WDR allows details in scenes with bright and dark areas to be viewed clearly, whilst Axis Lightfinder technology supports the capture of full colour images - even in extreme levels of low light. Electronic Image Stabilisation (EIS) technology is also included to help reduce the effects of camera movement from wind or vibrations.
External devices can be connected through the audio I/O ports to enable audio recording and verbal interaction with those close to the camera. Configurable video motion detection and audio detection alarms are supported to help provide reliable and accurate security surveillance. When triggered, these alerts can send notifications via email and start MicroSD card recording (card not included) to ensure all motion is captured.
Axis’ Zipstream technology is supported and helps to lower bandwidth and storage levels by an average of up to 50%. By optimising the video stream in real-time, important details can be retained while unnecessary data is removed. Installation is simplified by a handful of features including support for PoE, as well as remote zoom and focus which eliminates the need for hands-on fine tuning.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the accessories tab if required.
Key features & benefits
- Capable of delivering 5MP at up to 25 fps (WDR on), or 4MP at a maximum of 60 fps (WDR off)
- True day/night functionality with integrated IR-cut filter provides round-the-clock surveillance
- Integrated IR LEDs with OptimisedIR technology delivers even illumination at a range of up to 40m
- Robust IK10+ and IP67-rated casing makes the camera suitable for use in exposed outdoor areas
- SUS 316L grade stainless steel housing offers protection from salt water and chemicals
- Varifocal lens (4.3mm - 8.6mm) allows the viewing angle to be adjusted during installation for optimum scene capture
- Multiple areas of the original image can be cropped and viewed simultaneously using multi-view streaming
- Forensic WDR enables details in scenes with both bright and dark areas to be viewed clearly
- Axis Corridor Format optimises the field of view in narrow scenes – capturing only what is essential
- Axis' Lightfinder technology can deliver full colour images in extreme low-light conditions
- EIS provides smooth video footage if the camera subject to vibrations
- Configurable, camera-based video motion detection and tampering alarms help to enhance security monitoring
- A microphone and speaker can be connected through audio I/O ports to provide two-way audio
- I/O port terminal block supports the connection of external devices for enhanced alarm signalling
- Axis Fence Guard and Motion Guard are included to help increase overall scene awareness
- Remote focus and zoom using the network interface simplifies installation
- Axis Zipstream technology lowers bandwidth by analysing and optimising the video stream in real-time
- Local recording to MicroSD card (not included) enables the unit to be used as a standalone system
- Support for PoE reduces cabling and offers a cost-effective installation solution
Compatible recording platforms
- Axis Camera Station
- Milestone XProtect
The Axis Q3517-SLVE stainless steel, fixed dome IP camera is suitable for demanding external installations that are subject to challenging lighting conditions. It’s an ideal solution for users requiring 24-hour CCTV surveillance in locations such as industrial units, goods delivery areas and large outside shopping centres.
- Installation guide
- Windows decoder 1-user license
- Drill hole template
- Cable gaskets
- I/O and DC connectors
- Connector guard
- Stainless steel resitorx
- TR20 screw bit
- Resistorx T20 L-key
- Mounting bracket
- Wall gasket
Optional (please select from the accessories tab if required):
Back To Top