This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Axis Q3538-LVE
Overview of the Axis Q3517-LVE
This robust dome IP camera by Axis delivers high-performance, outdoor CCTV surveillance in 5MP resolution at full frame rate. The IK10+ rated unit supports true day/night recording that is enhanced by integrated infrared (IR) illumination – making it ideal for round-the-clock surveillance of exposed locations. A range of Axis’ advanced imaging technologies are also included for clear image capture in all lighting conditions, and the unit can be easily installed via Power-over-Ethernet (PoE).
The camera is equipped with a varifocal lens that enables optimum scene coverage to be set during installation and offers wide horizontal views of up to 96°. Areas of interest can be monitored closely using the camera’s multi-streaming feature, which allows up to 8 regions in the field of view to be cropped and streamed separately for live viewing or recording.
Integrated IR LEDs with an illumination range of up to 40m help enhance night vision, while Axis’ OptimisedIR technology ensures an evenly illuminated image by automatically adapting the angle of illumination to the zoom level set. In addition, Forensic WDR allows details in scenes with bright and dark areas to be viewed clearly, whilst Axis Lightfinder technology supports the capture of full colour images - even in extreme levels of low light. Electronic Image Stabilisation (EIS) is also included to ensure video is smooth and steady despite camera movement from wind or vibrations.
A microphone and speaker (not included) can be connected through the audio I/O ports to enable audio recording and two-way communication with those close to the camera. Audio, video motion detection and tampering alarms can be used alongside external devices to trigger alarms, alert users of activity via email notification and also prompt recording to the on-board microSD card (not included).
Handy features are included to help simplify installation such as PoE, as well as remote zoom and focus which eliminates the need for hands-on fine tuning. Axis’ Zipstream technology is also supported to help lower bandwidth and storage requirements by an average of up to 50%. This award-winning technology ensures important details in the image are retained in the video stream, while unnecessary data can be removed.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the accessories tab if required.
Key features & benefits
- Capable of delivering 5MP at up to 25 frames per second (WDR on), or 4MP at a maximum of 50 fps (WDR off)
- True day/night functionality with integrated IR-cut filter provides round-the-clock CCTV surveillance
- Outdoor-ready, IK10+ rated housing makes the camera suitable for use in exposed indoor or outdoor areas
- Varifocal lens offers wide horizontal views of up to 96° for optimum scene coverage
- Up to 8 sections of the original image can be cropped and viewed simultaneously using multi-view streaming
- Integrated IR LEDs with OptimisedIR technology provide even illumination at a range of up to 40m
- Forensic WDR improves visibility and ensures the capture of details in high contrast scenes
- Improved performance in extreme low light conditions with Axis Lightfinder technology
- Electronic Image Stabilisation (EIS) provides smooth video footage if the camera subject to vibrations
- Axis Corridor Format optimises the field of view in narrow scenes – capturing only what is essential
- A microphone and speaker can be connected through audio I/O ports to provide two-way audio
- Audio, video motion detection and tampering alarms can be configured to help enhance security monitoring
- I/O port terminal block supports the connection of external devices for enhanced alarm signalling
- Simplified installation using the handy remote zoom/focus, pixel counter, auto rotation and levelling assistant tools
- PoE support reduces cabling and offers a cost-effective installation solution
- Axis Zipstream technology lowers bandwidth by analysing and optimising the video stream in real-time
- Recordings can be stored locally to the on-board MicroSD card (not included) and used as a backup if the network fails
Compatible recording platforms
- Axis Camera Station
- Milestone XProtect
- Morphean Cloud CCTV
The Axis Q3517-LVE dome IP camera is an ideal choice for exposed locations that require clear, detail-packed video footage – in any lighting condition. Typical applications include industrial sites, airports and train stations.
- Installation guide
- Windows decoder 1-user license
- Drill hole template
- Cable gaskets
- I/O and DC connectors
- Connector guard
- Axis U-shape conduit adapter
- Resistorx T20 L-key
- Mounting bracket
Optional (please select from the accessories tab if required):
Back To Top