This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Axis Q1961-TE
Overview of the Axis Q2901-E
This outdoor-ready, temperature alarm camera from the Axis Q29 series offers thermal imaging in 336 x 256 resolution that can be scaled up to 720 x 576 resolution. The unit offers two kinds of alarms that are triggered by a deviation in temperature, as well as support for up to six configurable temperature alarm zones. This advanced range of IP cameras delivers reliable security monitoring of areas in which certain levels of temperature may be hazardous. Additional features of this network camera include support for two-way audio, edge storage with MicroSD card (not included) and the option of two different lens sizes (please select in dropdown above).
Reliable and efficient, this compact camera features two alarms that can be triggered by either the rapid escalation of temperature or the increase of temperature beyond a set limit within a specified alarm zone - ideal for use within industrial installations. The camera has the ability to detect the temperature of an object between -40°c and 550°c and spot temperature readings enable the user to view specific temperatures within particular areas of the field of view. An additional visual aid provided for the user is the isothermal palette functionality. By configuring highlighted temperature spans within the image, the user is able to define which temperature corresponds to which colour. These features help to predict hazards quickly by the indication of problem areas before an issue arises and becomes visible to the human eye.
This network camera is designed for durable external use in demanding conditions and is housed in an IP67 and NEMA 4X rated metal casing, protecting it against harsh weather conditions. The unit can operate in temperatures as low as -40°C and the integrated heater for the window decreases ice build up in extreme low temperatures.
With support for two-way audio, the user is able to hear activity and communicate to those near to the camera. The model also features a range of intelligent video motion detections to enhance scene awareness and alert users of possible hazards within the scene via notifications such as email. Additionally, shock detection also alerts the user if the camera is subject to impact, for example from vandalism. Thermal imaging cameras are less sensitive to shadows and challenging light conditions, resulting in greater accuracy and fewer false alarms than non-thermal network cameras, as well as delivering accurate alarm activation.
With both H.264 and Motion JPEG supported, the camera can compress files using the method best suited to the application. Integrated MicroSD card slot (card not included) supports edge storage and acts as a data back-up in case of network connection loss, ensuring data remains uninterrupted. Power through PoE enables quick and easy installation as network and power is fed to the camera though a single cable.
This model comes with a choice of lens sizes (please select in dropdown menu) the 9mm option (0645-001) with a 35° view gives the user a focus distance of 2.1m whereas the 19mm (0647-001) lens choice with a 17° view gives a 9.5m focus distance
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the accessories tab if required.
This camera includes a wall and ceiling mount bracket and there is a PT mount version available: Axis Q2901-E PT
Key features & benefits
- Offers thermal imaging in 336 x 256 resolution that can be scaled up to 720 x 576 resolution
- Outdoor-ready housing is IP67-rated and enables the camera to function from -40°C to 60°C
- Thermal imaging provides reliable security monitoring with a lower chance of false alarms
- Visual aids such as isothermal palettes and spot temperature capabilities help to predict failures before issues arise
- Support for two-way audio allows the user to hear activity and interact with those near to the camera
- Shock detection functionality alerts users of potential vandalism attempts
- PoE efficiently powers the camera using the network cable making installation cost-effective and quick
- Edge recording onto SD card (not included) provides a useful backup option in the event of network failure
- A choice of two lens options provides suitability for a wide range of applications (please select from drop down menu above)
Compatible recording platforms
- Axis Camera Station
- Milestone XProtect
- Morphean Cloud CCTV
- CamStreamer Cloud
The Axis Q2901-E delivers advanced and reliable thermal imaging surveillance - ideal for industrial areas that require constant monitoring as an additional safety precaution. Typical applications include industrial sites with large machinery or processes that involve self-igniting materials.
- Installation Guide
- Windows decoder 1-user license
- AVHS Authentication key
- AXIS Video Motion Detection 3
- AXIS Connector A 2-pin 5.08 Straight Allen key
- RJ45 network cable 5 m (16 ft)
- Wall and Ceiling Mount Bracket
Optional (please select from the accessories tab if required):
- Thermal imaging cameras are only sold to businesses and not to private individuals
- Export restrictions apply to certain countries
- Thermal cameras are non-returnable unless faulty and covered by manufacturer warranty
IMPORTANT WARNING: Thermal cameras are not suitable for coronavirus, fever or COVID-19 detection and we do not recommend their use for this purpose.
Mounting options (select optional accessories from dropdown menu)
Back To Top
- Wall mounting - accessories included
- Ceiling mounting - accessories included
- Pole mounting - Axis T91B47
- Parapet mounting - Axis T94V01C and Axis T91D62