Overview of the Axis P3905-R Mk III
- Delivers detailed HD 1080p resolution video at up to 30 fps
- 3.6 mm lens provides fixed horizontal views of 87°
- Choice of RJ-45 or M12 network connection
- Robust, compact and shock-resistant design
- Axis 5-year warranty
- Dimensions: ø 109 mm x 49 mm
Part of the Axis P39 series of onboard cameras, the P3905-R Mk III is designed with railway vehicles and rolling stock in mind, as this rugged dome is able to withstand the shocks and vibrations that are associated with transportation. Capturing clear HD 1080p resolution video at full framerate, this durable unit complies with EN50155 and EN45545 transportation industry standards – making it fully equipped for deployment on public transport such as trains and buses. Furthermore, the camera’s innovative Traffic Light Mode allows the colour of traffic lights to be distinguished, even when light conditions are insufficient.
Equipped with a 3.6mm lens out of the box (exchangeable lenses sold separately in packs of 10), this unit provides fixed views of 87° - ideal for narrow spaces such as bus/train aisles or stairways. This compact camera is IP66/67-rated for protection against water and dust, ensuring it continues to function effectively, even when exposed to harsh weather or humid atmospheres. Moreover, this flexible unit is available with a choice of RJ-45 or M12 network connection allowing users to select the connection that best suits their application.
To provide clear footage in inadequate light conditions, the Axis P3905-R Mk III features a number of advanced imaging technologies such as Lightfinder and WDR to combat the effect of poor light conditions. Full-colour video capture is possible in lighting as low as 0.04 lux with Lightfinder, whilst WDR helps to improve images captured in high-contrast scenes by compensating for bright light and dark shadows – both features help to enhance detail, allowing objects and individuals to be more easily identified. Additionally, Corridor Mode is included to prevent the recording of redundant areas and optimises the monitoring of narrow scenes by rotating the sensor 90°.
Scene awareness is enhanced with a handful of analytics that detect activity and alert users or trigger alarms. Smart motion detection is available with Axis Motion Guard, notifying users via email when an object enters a predefined area in the field of view, ideal for low-traffic areas, this detection also allows users to set event triggers that broadcast a recorded message or set off an alarm when unwanted activity is identified. Fence Guard is a useful feature for ensuring people stay behind a designated line, ideal for train platforms or to ensure passengers are seated. This application informs users that a person has crossed a virtual line and allows them to take action quickly and effectively. Loitering Guard is also included and can be used to track moving objects and determine if they’ve been in an area for too long – triggering an alert.
For systems requiring advanced management, this device can be added to an Axis Camera Station or Milestone XProtect system. Additionally, if the network connection is interrupted, footage can be stored directly to the onboard MicroSD card (not included) - serving as a data backup.
Although designed for robust indoor use, this camera can also be used outdoors with the additional TP3826-E housing, further protecting it from inclement weather and impacts. Easy to install, this camera can get its network and power capabilities from a single cable with support for Power-over-Ethernet (PoE), reducing the equipment and time needed for installation. Zipstream compression technology preserves important forensic footage, whilst lowering bandwidth and optimising storage capacity by an average of 50%.
Key Features & Benefits
- Designed for use onboard vehicles, complying with EN50155 and EN45545 transportation standards
- Delivers clear HD 1080p resolution video at up to 30 fps
- Supplied with a 3.6mm lens with horizontal view of 87°
- Exchangeable lenses available for alternative viewing angles (only available in packs of 10)
- Able to withstand shocks and vibrations for reliable onboard monitoring
- Traffic Light Mode identifies the colour of traffic lights – even in dark conditions
- IP66/67-rated for protection against water and dust
- Choice of RJ-45 or M12 network connection available
- Clear full-colour video is captured in dimly lit environments with Lightfinder technology
- WDR balances lighting in over- and under-exposed scenes
- Corridor format optimises video capture in narrow areas
- Smart motion detection is available with Motion Guard for enhanced scene awareness
- Users are alerted when a virtual line is crossed with Fence Guard
- Loitering Guard detects suspicious dwell times and notifies operators
- A backup of data can be formed directly on the camera with the built-in SD card
- Additional housing is available for outdoor use
- PoE support allows network and power to be delivered through one cable
- Zipstream technology reduces storage requirements without compromising important footage
Durable and compact, the Axis P3905-R Mk III is EN50155 and EN45545 compliant and resistant to shocks and vibrations – making it the ideal solution for onboard surveillance. Designed with the requirements of the railway industry in mind, this camera is suitable for use on trains, trams or rolling stock.
- Installation guide
- Windows decoder 1-user license
- Drill hole template
- Top cover tool
- Lens tool
- Allen key Resistorx
Back To Top
- Wall mounting - no additional accessories needed
- Ceiling mounting - no additional accessories needed