This product is discontinued, for alternatives please see Axis IP Cameras
Overview of 0371-001 Axis P3346-VE
The Axis P3346-VE outdoor IP camera is specifically designed for reliable, vandal-resistant and weather-resistant operation. It features an integrated heater and fan to allow the camera to operate in freezing conditions (from -40°C (-40°F) to 55°C (131°F), powered by standard Power over Ethernet only) and a dehumidifying membrane, which eliminates any humidity caught in the camera casing during installation. The P3346-VE cameras come with a 5 m (16 ft.) Ethernet cable with a pre-mounted, specially designed gasket, enabling flush wall mounting and requiring no additional sealant. A weather shield is also included for effective protection against reflections from sunlight and build-ups of rain or snow. It is an ideal surveillance solution for video surveillance systems in areas with tough quality and efficiency requirements such as university campuses and railway stations.
Alongside the robust design, the P3346-VE is capable of providing a full, high-quality HD 1080p image at 30 frames per second, with the additional ability to configure multiple H.264 and Motion JPEG streams simultaneously. This allows users to view a full HD resolution live image while recording at a lower resolution, saving on storage costs. In addition to this, the P3346-VE provides multi-view streaming and digital pan/tilt/zoom. This allows you to view up to eight cropped or zoomed in areas from the camera's image simultaneously. This is an useful feature for eliminating unwanted areas, saving on bandwidth resources. The P3346-VE also incorporates Axis's unique P-Iris control, allowing the camera precise control over the iris position. This minutely adjusts lens resolution and depth of field, optimising image sharpness. As well as this, a built-in infrared cut filter allows the P3346-VE to switch to a infrared sensitive image, black and white image in dark conditions, providing an effective 24-hour monitoring presence even in total darkness (infrared lighting required).
The P3346-VE provides advanced installation features, including remote focus and zoom, eliminating the need for hands-on fine-tuning of focus at the camera and ensuring that the viewing angle is optimised for the area the camera is monitoring. A built-in pixel counter allows the installer to easily verify that the camera's image quality fulfils any customer or regulatory specification. Power over Ethernet provides a network connection and power to the camera through one cable, saving on time, cost and difficulty of outdoor installations.
With its set of advanced features, the P3346-VE security camera is a robust, flexible surveillance camera capable of dealing with the harshest environments.
Please note: this camera does not come with a Power over Ethernet power supply. Please select if required.
The Axis P3346-VE is compatible with Axis’ free Camera Companion software, which allows direct recording of HDTV-quality video onto an on-board SD card rather than a central PC or DVR, helping to save on storage. Monitor up to 16 cameras using your mobile phone with downloadable apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
Key features & benefits of 0371-001 Axis P3346-VE
- IP66-rated, vandal-resistant casing protects the camera from attempts to damage it and challenging weather conditions including snow and heavy rain
- HD 1080p (and 3 megapixel) resolution provides a highly detailed image, useful for monitoring large outdoor areas
- Automatic infrared cut filter enables the camera to switch to an infrared-sensitive picture, providing a round-the-clock surveillance presence (infrared lighting required)
- Multi-view streaming provides the ability to view multiple zoomed sections of the camera's field of view simultaneously, increasing system efficiency and optimising demands on bandwidth
- Multiple, individually configurable video streams provide a cost-effective solution to storage while allowing you to monitor a high-quality image in the camera's live feed
- P-Iris technology optimises lens resolution, depth of field and image sharpness
- Pixel counter provides installers with a method to ensure image quality meets individual or regulatory requirements
- Footage can be stored locally on the camera itself using an SD card (not supplied)
- Power over Ethernet offers a network connection and power to the camera through just one cable, saving on time and cost during installation
- Remote focus and zoom enables installers to fine-tune the camera's image remotely
Typical applications of 0371-001 Axis P3346-VE
The P3346-VE is ideal for locations such as airports and mass transit terminals where the camera could be exposed to harsh weather conditions and potential vandalism
Accessories for 0371-001 Axis P3346-VE
- Mounting and connector kits
- Installation guide
- CD with installation tools
- Recording software
- User’s Manual
- Windows decoder (1-user license)
- Smoked transparent cover
- Mounting bracket
- Weather shield
- Cable shield
- 5 m (16 ft.) network cable with pre-mounted gasket
Back To Top
- Axis Camera Station video recording software for live image monitoring, recording, playback and system management for installations of more than one camera