This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Axis P3268-LV
Overview of the Axis P3228-LV
This compact dome IP camera delivers 4K Ultra HD resolution at full frame rate, complete with true day/night recording and infrared (IR) illumination up to 30m. Its IK08-rated, vandal-resistant housing provides robust protection in exposed indoor areas and a range of advanced imaging technologies are also supported for clear image capture – in any lighting condition. Additional features include edge storage and Power-over-Ethernet (PoE).
The camera's varifocal lens enables the optimum viewing angle to be set during installation and offers wide horizontal views of up to 100°. In addition, support for multi-view streaming allows a maximum of 8 areas in the camera's field of view to be cropped and streamed separately for live viewing or recording.
Integrated IR LEDs extend the camera’s night vision range up to 30m, while Axis' OptimisedIR technology ensures an evenly illuminated image by automatically adapting the angle of illumination to the zoom level set. Forensic WDR is supported, enabling details in scenes with bright and dark areas to be viewed clearly. Additionally, full colour video is delivered in extreme low-light levels using Axis’ Lightfinder technology.
A range of video motion detection and tampering alarms can be configured to help provide reliable and accurate security monitoring. When an alarm is triggered, alerts can be sent directly to the user via notifications such as email – notifying them of activity.
Remote zoom and focus eliminate the need for hands-on fine tuning and support for PoE means the camera can be supplied with both power and network connectivity over a single cable – simplifying installation. Axis’ Zipstream technology is also supported and lowers bandwidth and storage requirements by an average of up to 50%, ensuring that important details in the image are retained in the video stream, while unnecessary data can be removed.
Please note: there is no power supply included with this unit. It is power over ethernet capable.
Key features & benefits
- Delivers 4K Ultra HD resolution at up to 25 fps for smooth, highly detailed live views and playback
- Round-the-clock video capture with built-in IR-cut filter for true day/night functionality
- IK08-rated vandal resistant housing provides protection in exposed indoor locations
- Varifocal lens allows the viewing angle to be adjusted during installation for optimum scene capture
- Multi-view streaming allows multiple sections of the original image to be viewed simultaneously
- Integrated IR LEDs with OptimisedIR technology provide even illumination at a range of up to 30m
- Forensic WDR enables details in scenes with both bright and dark areas to be viewed clearly
- Axis’ Lightfinder technology captures full colour video footage in near-dark conditions
- Narrow scenes are monitored effectively using Axis Corridor Format that vertically orientates the video stream
- Configurable video motion detection and tampering alarms notify users of activity and enhance security monitoring
- Simplified installation using the handy remote zoom/focus and pixel counter tools
- PoE supplies the camera with both power and network connectivity via a single cable – simplifying installation
- Axis’ Zipstream technology helps to reduce bandwidth and storage requirements
- Recordings can be written to the on-board MicroSD card (not included) - providing a helpful data backup if the network fails
Compatible recording platforms
- Axis Camera Station
- Milestone XProtect
The Axis P3228-LV dome IP camera provides smooth, round–the-clock video footage of indoor locations in 4K Ultra HD resolution. Typical applications include large shopping centres, production lines and casinos.
- Installation guide
- Windows decoder 1-user license
- Mounting bracket
- Cable gasket
- Resistorx T20 L-key
- Drill template
- Connector guard
Back To Top