Overview of the Axis P1378-LE
This outdoor-ready IP camera is part of the Axis P13 series and delivers 4k resolution at full frame rate, as well as offering support for both CS and intelligent CS-mount lenses (i-CS). Its IK10-rated housing, combined with support for true day/night recording and integrated infrared (IR) illumination, provides a durable round-the-clock monitoring solution for exposed outdoor areas. In addition, using a range of Axis’ advanced imaging technologies, this unit can capture clear video footage even in challenging light conditions.
This innovative CS-mount IP camera is supplied with a varifocal, intelligent CS-mount (i-CS) lens which provides wide horizontal viewing angles and allows optimum scene coverage to be set during installation. The i-CS mount lens also helps to simply set up by directly exchanging information with the camera such as zoom position, focus and iris opening -thanks to an open protocol. It also features several integrated motors that enable remote control of lens settings - making fine-tuning during installation a simple task.
Integrated IR LEDs extend the camera’s night vision range up to 50m, whilst Axis' OptimisedIR technology ensures an evenly illuminated image by automatically adapting the angle of illumination to the zoom level set. Forensic WDR ensures the capture of details in high-contrast scenes and Axis’ Lightfinder technology provides full colour viewing in ambient light extremes. Additionally, if the camera is subject to vibrations, Axis' Electronic Image Stabilisation (EIS) technology ensures video is smooth and steady despite camera movement.
Configurable video motion detection alarms can be set to send alerts of activity to the user via email notification; and when used in conjunction with Axis Guard Suite analytics, these alerts can prompt certain tasks such as digitally moving to a pre-set location within the field of view. Users can also take advantage of the ability to listen to activity happening close to the camera when a microphone (not included) is connected through the integrated I/O ports.
With support for Power-over-Ethernet (PoE), the camera is supplied with both power and network connectivity via a single cable – simplifying installation. Axis’ Zipstream technology helps to lower bandwidth and storage levels by an average of up to 50%. It optimises the video stream in real-time, allowing important details to be retained while unnecessary data is removed. Additionally, this model includes a range of handy features to assist in the prevention of unauthorised access. Signed firmware and secure boot also help to ensure the integrity and authenticity of the camera's firmware.
Please note: there is no power supply included with this unit. It is power over ethernet capable.
Key features & benefits
- Delivers 4K resolution video at full frame rate, providing detail-packed IP CCTV footage
- True day/night functionality with integrated IR-cut filter provides round-the-clock CCTV surveillance
- Innovative mechanical platform with built-in camera rails offers the flexibility to fit larger zoom lenses
- IP67-rated, vandal-resistant housing allows the unit to be safely deployed in exposed outdoor areas
- Intelligent CS-mount varifocal lens allows optimum scene coverage to be set during installation
- Varifocal lens (3.9mm - 10mm) offers horizontal viewing angles from 45° to 115°
- Pre-loaded with a range of advanced security functionalities to help increase the cyber defence
- Up to 8 sections of the original image can be cropped and viewed simultaneously using multi-view streaming
- Forensic WDR enables details in scenes with both bright and dark areas to be viewed clearly
- Improved performance in low light conditions with Axis Lightfinder technology
- EIS technology offsets the effect of camera movement by ensuring video is clear and not blurred
- Narrow scenes are monitored effectively using Axis Corridor Format that vertically orientates the video stream
- Alarm signalling is enhanced when external alarm sources are connected via I/O ports
- Configurable video motion detection alarms notify users of activity and enhance security monitoring
- Shock Detection functionality alerts operators to potential vandalism attempts
- Axis' Zipstream technology lowers bandwidth by analysing and optimising the video stream in real-time
- Edge recording to SD card (not included) provides a data backup in the event of network failure
- Support for PoE reduces cabling by delivering both power and network connectivity via a single cable
The Axis P1378-LE IP camera with i-CS mount lens delivers reliable, 24-hour monitoring of exposed outdoor locations in 4K resolution. Offering enhanced security features, typical applications include airports, transit terminals and university grounds.
- Installation guide
- Windows decoder 1-user license
- Wall mount bracket
- Connector kit IK10 tool
- Resistorx L-key TR20
- Torx T20 screwdriver
- Torx T30 screw bit
- Axis P13 Weathershield Kit A
- Pre-mounted Axis Fixed box IR illuminator Kit A
Back To Top