This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Axis P1377-LE
Overview of AXIS P1357-E
The Axis P1357-E outdoor-ready network camera is an impact-resistant IP66-rated camera designed to withstand rain, snow, dust and sun and can operate in temperatures ranging from -40 °C to 50°C (-40 °F to 122 °). The Axis P1357-E is ideal for surveillance in locations which are subject to harsh weather conditions such as train stations and airports, which may also require coverage over a large area.
The 5 megapixel Axis P1357-E network camera has full HD 1080p capability providing high quality video at 30 frames per second at 1080p and 12 frames per second at 5 megapixel. A P-Iris lens and software enables optimised depth of field for the sharpest image as the iris position is controlled automatically. Its day/night functionality maintains high image quality and detail even in low light conditions with the use of an infrared-cut filter which automatically changes the image to black and white. This provides continuous surveillance from the P1357-E despite weather conditions and visibility.
Digital pan, tilt and zoom and multi-view streaming enables several cropped areas to be streamed at the same time, all from the same camera. The P1357-E IP camera supports H.264 and Motion JPEG individually configurable streams. Together with built-in audio motion detection, these features allow for minimised use of bandwidth and storage.
The Axis P1357-E camera has enhanced audio quality and two-way audio support. Power over Ethernet keeps installation costs down as there is a need for only one cable rather than two. Edge recording to networked drives or shares is supported with the Axis P1357-E and it has MicroSD/MicroSDHC slot for local storage if required.
Please note that to power both the housing and the camera a PoE Plus power supply is required (selectable above). Standard PoE will power only the camera.
Key Features and Benefits
- P-Iris enables automatic sharp, high quality images and optimised field depth. (DC Iris lenses are also supported for backwards compatibility.)
- Power over Ethernet eliminates the cost of multiple cables when installing the camera and is an alternative option when the area may not be suitable for traditional types of cabling
- IP66-rated, the camera functions in temperatures ranging from -40 °C to 50°C (-40 °F to 122 °F) and with the added sun shield, the Axis P1357-E IP camera is suitable for almost all weather conditions
- Installation is made easier by an integrated dehumidifying membrane which removes humidity from camera enclosure. The Axis P1357-E comes with a wall mount bracket and cable glands
- Enhanced motion, audio and tamper detection capabilities
- Remote back focus for fine-tuning
- Simultaneous H.264 compression and Motion JPEG to minimise bandwidth when viewing or recording
- IPv6 and Quality of Service, HTTPS encryption for security with preserved performance
- SD Recording and is supported as well as support for recording to network share (network-attached storage or file server)
The Axis P1357-E is suitable for applications where coverage of a large area is required in high detail; appropriate uses could include surveillance in a city, airport, bank or large retail outlet. Other applications for the Axis P1357-E could include surveillance in harsh weather conditions such as snow, rain, dust, bright sunshine and extreme low temperatures.
Compatible Recording Platforms
- Milestone XProtect
- Axis Camera Station
- Wall Mounting Bracket
- Sun shield
- Connector Kit
- Ethernet Cable
- Installation Guide
- Windows decoder 1-user license
- Installation and Management Software CD
Back To Top
- Axis T8120 Midspan 15W
- Axis T8123 High PoE 30 W Midspan 1-port
- Axis T90A Illuminators
- Axis T8414 Installation Display
- Optional mounting accessories: Adapter plate, pole mount, corner mount, ceiling brackets with ball joint and column mount with ball joint.