This product is now discontinued, for alternative products please see the full range of Network Video Encoders And Decoders
Overview of the Axis M7014
The Axis M7014 is a compact, video encoder designed to integrate analogue CCTV equipment with IP networks, encoding up to 4 separate sources with a single unit. Video is captured at up to 15fps, ensuring no detail is missed, while H.264 reduces video bandwidth by up to 80%, lowering network usage without impacting image quality.
Edge recording is available, minimizing network traffic and lowering system costs as recordings are stored locally to MicroSDHC card (not included). Power over Ethernet support also reduces installation times, allowing the device to draw power and connect to network resources through the same Ethernet connection.
The intelligent tampering detection system can alert users if camera equipment is moved, defocused or spray painted, minimizing system downtime. PTZ cameras are also supported using the RS485 interface, allowing the camera to be controlled remotely through the web interface.
The Axis M7014 network video encoder is also compatible with the free Axis Companion software, allowing viewing, recording and playback of HDTV-quality IP video and edge-recording to an SD card to help save on storage. Mobile phone viewing is available through use of downloadable apps for iPad, iPhone and Android devices, allowing you to take your surveillance on the move.
Key features & benefits
- Encode video from up to 4 analogue video sources using a single device
- H.264 compression helps to lower network video traffic without impacting on video quality
- Edge recording in available, further reducing network traffic as video is stored at the camera location
- Power over Ethernet support simplifies system cabling by drawing power through the Ethernet cable
- Tampering detection system detects if cameras are moved or defocused, minimizing system downtime
- RS485 port lets the device integrate with PTZ mechanisms, allowing remote control of camera equipment
Compatible recording platforms
- Axis Camera Station
- Milestone XProtect
- Axis Companion application (free)
The Axis M7014 would be ideal for many locations looking to convert up to 4 existing analogue security cameras to make use of the benefits of IP, such as garages and service stations, storage yards, shops and offices.
- Power supply
- Mounting and connector kits
- Installation guide
- CD with installation and management tools, software and user manual
- Windows decoder license
Back To Top