Overview of the Axis M7010 (0414-003)
This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Axis M7116 video encoder
The Axis M7010 is a 16-port network video encoder designed to convert video feeds from analogue security equipment for use on IP networks, protecting any investment made with analogue security equipment. The device encodes up to 16 simultaneous video feeds and supports H.264 video compression, ensuring that bandwidth usage is minimized.
4 MicroSDHC memory card slots are available on the unit for edge recording, lowering system costs as no centralised recording system is required. Power over Ethernet also ensures that the device is easy to install as power and data connections are made through a standard Ethernet cable.
Pan/tilt cameras and head-units are supported using the device's RS485 interface, allowing for control of cameras from a remote location. Additionally, the integrated tamper detection can sense changes to video such as camera movement or spray painting, alerting staff to downtime to keep it to a minimum.
This encoder is also compatible with Axis’ free Camera Companion software, allowing recording, viewing and playback of HDTV-quality IP video. Export footage to the on-board SD cards to help save on storage and view live video feeds on mobile phones using downloadable apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
Key features & benefits of the Axis M7010 (0414-003)
- Update analogue equipment to use the benefits of IP, protecting previous security investment
- Convert up to 16 cameras using a single device
- H.264 reduces video bandwidth by up to 80%, minimizing network usage
- Record video directly onto MicroSDHC memory cards, eliminating the need for external recording applications
- Power over Ethernet support simplifies cable installation by drawing power and data through the same cable
- Tampering detection alerts users if camera views are obscured or defocused
- Control pan-tilt-zoom cameras remotely using the RS485 protocol
Typical applications of the Axis M7010 (0414-003)
The Axis M7010 is ideal for locations where there has already been significant investment in analogue security equipment, but where the benefits of IP networking are required, such as listed or historic buildings, factory floors, department stores, storage yards, building sites and
Accessories for the Axis M7010 (0414-003)
Back To Top
- Power supply
- Mounting and connector kits
- Installation guide
- CD with installation and management tools, software and user manual
- Windows decoder license