Overview of the Axis M3044-V
This indoor mini-dome IP camera provides high-quality HD 720p resolution at up to 25 frames per second (fps). Part of Axis’ best selling M30 series, it features an ultra compact design for unobtrusive surveillance and is also quick to install with support for Power-over-Ethernet. Additional features include Axis Zipstream technology, local recording to Micro-SD card.
Wide dynamic range (WDR) technology helps to improve images captured in challenging lighting conditions by compensating for bright light and dark shadows - ensuring individuals and objects are clearly visible. Additionally, support for Axis Corridor Format allows users to conserve bandwidth when monitoring narrow areas such as staircases and hallways. The technology works by vertically orientating the video stream to maximise the area of interest and prevent the recording of redundant areas.
The camera is factory-focused for quick installation and thanks to its 3-axis mount design, the lens can be manually adjusted to obtain the desired angle of view during set up. This palm sized mini-dome is housed in a vandal and dust resistant casing, providing an unobtrusive surveillance solution is areas prone to tampering.
Support for Axis' Zipstream technology helps to lower bandwidth and storage levels by an average of up to 50%. The technology analyses video in real-time and continuously optimises the stream, reducing bandwidth by separating areas of interest to maintain a higher quality than areas of little interest.
The M3044-V is compatible with Axis’ Companion Software – easy to use live view and recording software that supports up to 16 camera channels. This free software allows the recording and playback of CCTV footage from the camera's SD card (not included) providing a low-cost, decentralised surveillance system. Axis Companion Software is available as a PC client and mobile app for iOS and Android.
Users are able to configure various video motion detection and tampering alarms to enhance scene awareness. When these alarms are triggered, the camera can alert the user of activity via a choice of notifications including email. Motion detection events can also trigger recording using the Axis Companion mobile application.
Please note: there is no power supply included with this unit. It is power over ethernet capable.
Key Features & Benefits
- Capable of delivering up to HD 720p resolution at 25 fps, providing high quality CCTV footage
- Wide Dynamic Range technology improves image quality in complex lighting conditions
- Axis Corridor Format reduces bandwidth waste by vertically orientating the stream - capturing only what is essential
- Ultra compact form factor provides a non-invasive surveillance solution for indoor applications
- Camera is factory focused and features 3-axis lens adjustment to help make installation quick and easy
- Vandal resistant, IK08 rated housing is ideal for installation in areas prone to tampering
- Video motion detection and tampering alarms can be used to trigger recordings and alert operators of possible incidents
- Axis Zipstream technology lowers bandwidth and storage – whilst maintaining resolution and frame rate
- Support for recording to MicroSD allows the camera to be used as a standalone unit
- PoE delivers both power and network connectivity to the camera through the same cable - reducing the cost of installation
Compatible Recording Platforms
- Axis Camera Station
- Milestone XProtect
- Axis Companion application (free)
The Axis M3044-V mini-dome provides high quality CCTV monitoring of indoor areas at an affordable price. It’s easy to install and provides clear imaging in a range of complex lighting conditions. This compact IP camera is suitable for smaller installations such as independent retail stores, GP surgeries and restaurants.
- Installation Guide
- Windows decoder 1-user license
- Torx L-key
Back To Top