Overview of the Axis M2036-LE
- Captures 4 megapixel resolution video at up to 30fps
- 2.4 mm lens delivers a 130° horizontal field of view
- Up to 20m IR illumination
- Full-colour night vision with Lightfinder
- Axis 5-year warranty
- Dimensions: ø101 x 170 mm
Designed to provide reliable and cost-effective surveillance in outdoor areas, the Axis M2036-LE mini-bullet IP camera captures 4MP resolution video at full frame rate (up to 30 frames per second). Ideal for applications that require 24-hour monitoring and true day/night video the camera has built-in OptimisedIR LEDs, delivering clear night-vision up to a distance of 20m across the field of view. Additional features include Zipstream technology, Lightfinder and deep-learning object analytics.
The unit’s 2.4mm fixed lens offers horizontal views of 130° providing detailed monitoring of wide outdoor locations. Due to its compact and lightweight form factor and the option of a black or white model (selectable from the menu above), this camera is suitable for areas requiring a non-invasive CCTV installation. Integration and installation of the M2036-LE is made simple and affordable with support for Power-over-Ethernet (PoE), delivering power and network connection over one cable. This unit also features support for audio via edge-to-edge technology (when additional audio accessories are connected) allowing the user to hear and communicate with subjects in the field of view.
Along with the unit’s true day/night capabilities and OptimisedIR illumination, this product also features advanced imaging technologies to improve video quality in a range of challenging conditions. Full-colour video is delivered to extreme low-light levels using Lightfinder technology, whilst WDR balances under and overexposure areas to improve footage captured in high-contrast or backlit scenes. Furthermore, private, or redundant spaces are concealed using privacy masking, ensuring only relevant areas and individuals are captured and recorded.
With a built-in deep learning processing unit (DLPU) the Axis M2036-LE is able to run on-camera, AI-based object detection analytics such as Axis Object Analytics (AOA) that accurately detects both humans and vehicles and distinguishes between vehicle classifications directly onboard the camera. Video detection alarms are also configurable and help to alert operators to activity via a choice of notification methods including email.
For larger installations that require more advanced management, software such as Axis Camera Station and Milestone XProtect are available. The unit also features an integrated SD card slot (card not included) that not only provides a handy backup in case of network failure but allows the camera to work as a standalone system in smaller installations. If necessary, basic video management can be achieved using the free Axis Companion Application with basic support for up to 16 cameras and remote access to both live and recorded video.
Encased in sturdy, IP67 weather and IK08 impact-resistant housing, this camera is ideal for installation in exposed outdoor locations. Zipstream compression technology saves significant storage space by analysing footage to identify relevant forensic detail to keep in full resolution, whilst optimising the bitrate of unnecessary video. Built-in installation aids such as a pixel counter & levelling assistant are also available to ensure the best possible positioning and view are easily set.
Key features & benefits
- Delivers 4MP resolution video at 30fps
- Fixed 2.4 mm lens offers views of 130°
- 24-hour recording is possible with the automatic IR-cut filter
- Integrated OptimisedIR LEDs illuminate up to a distance of 20m
- Support for PoE provides power and network connectivity to the camera over one cable
- Lightfinder technology supports the capture of full-colour images in near darkness
- WDR retains the level of detail across images with high-contrast lighting
- Private or redundant areas of the image are concealed using the built-in privacy masking
- Axis Object Analytics reliably detects and classifies humans and vehicles directly onboard the camera
- Video motion detection alarms can be configured to enhance scene awareness and notify users via email
- Certified third-party analytics can be downloaded and installed via the Axis Camera Application Platform
- On-board storage provides a backup if the network fails, recording files onto the MicroSD card (not included)
- IP67 and IK08-rated casing protects the camera from harsh weather and tampering
- Zipstream technology optimises bandwidth without compromising video quality
- Setting the optimum view is simple with the built-in pixel counter and levelling assistant
Cost-effective and easy to install, this camera is suitable for small businesses requiring 24-hour surveillance. The unit’s compact form factor and accurate object analytics make it the ideal option for small schools, offices, and cafes.
- Installation guide
- User manual
- Windows decoder 1-user licence
- Resistorx T20 L-key
- Connector guard
Back To Top