Overview of the Axis M1055-L
- Delivers HD 1080p resolution video at up to 30fps
- Axis Object Analytics included
- 3.16mm fixed lens offers 103° wide-angle horizontal views
- Tally LED to indicate recording
- Built-in cybersecurity features
- Axis 5-year warranty
- Dimensions: 105 x 60 x 93 mm
Providing out-of-the-box, easy wall-mounting capabilities, the compact M1055-L is ideal for indoor areas and blends in well in most decor thanks to its small form factor. This affordable unit outputs HD 1080p resolution at full frame rate and is equipped with a deep learning processing unit (DLPU), enabling more advanced and accurate analytics. Object detection and classification is available via Axis Object Analytics (AOA) which is preinstalled onto the camera at no extra cost. This intelligent analytics application is able to recognise and differentiate between humans (including faces) and vehicles (including licence plates), detect loitering time in the area, and objects crossing a line.
Equipped with a 3.16mm fixed lens that offers a 103° horizontal field of view, this camera is ideal for use in wide indoor areas. 24-hour recording is possible thanks to the built-in OptimisedIR LEDs, delivering clear night-vision footage up to 18m in range from the camera. This enhanced LED technology ensures that the entire field of view is evenly illuminated and is able to reduce reflections that could obscure the scene in some settings. Another useful feature is the tally LED that lets people know they may be being recorded. Furthermore, built-in cybersecurity features such as Axis Edge Vault and Axis device ID protect the camera and its network from unauthorised access or data attacks.
Despite it's small stature, this cost-effective unit is packed with advanced imaging technologies, designed to improve video capture in a range of challenging circumstances. In areas with high-contrast lighting, WDR technology can be used to balance out bright and dark parts of the scene to ensure that every detail is clear. Using Corridor Format, the video stream can be vertically orientated to help maximise area coverage and reduce bandwidth when monitoring narrow scenes. The M1055-L also supports Axis’ Live Privacy Shield. This useful feature uses motion and AI-based masking to safeguard the privacy of people in the viewing area, without concealing activity.
In addition to Axis Object Analytics, a range of configurable, camera-based motion detection alarms are available – sending email notifications when movement is detected in the camera view, improving scene awareness. Alarm signalling can be enhanced when alarm sources are connected via the integrated I/O port.
Video data can be stored directly onto the camera using the built-in SD card slot (card not included), keeping a full backup in the event of network failure. Remote access and simple video management are available for up to 16 cameras via the Axis Companion Application, this handy application is available on mobile devices or as a PC client. For larger installations, the M1055-L can be added to a new or existing Axis Camera Station or Milestone XProtect licence for more advanced video management.
Designed to be easily and quickly installed, the Axis M1055-L offers support for Power-over-Ethernet (PoE), providing a streamlined solution to network and power as it delivers both over one cable – reducing costs and time spent on installation. Axis Zipstream compression technology helps to optimise storage capacity – offering an average reduction of 50% - without lowering the quality of key forensic footage. This advanced technology not only maximises storage capacity but reduces costs associated with storage.
Key features & benefits
- Delivers clear HD 1080p resolution video at up to 30fps
- Fitted with a 3.16mm fixed lens that offers 103° wide-angle horizontal views
- Interior wall and corner mounting included in the box
- Deep learning processing unit enables more intelligent analytics capabilities
- Axis Object Analytics distinguishes between people and vehicles and raises alarms on both
- 24-hour video capture is enhanced by OptimisedIR illumination of up to 18m
- Tally LED light indicates video streaming or recording
- Built-in cybersecurity features keep the camera safe from unauthorised access or compromise
- WDR technology ensures that details in high-contrast scenes are captured clearly
- Corridor Format optimises the field of view in narrow scenes
- Support for Live Privacy Shield offers dynamic privacy masking based on deep learning
- Motion detection alarms can be set to trigger email notifications when activity is detected
- Built-in I/O port enables external devices to be connected to enhance alarm signalling
- Recordings can be written to the on-board SD card (not included) to provide a helpful backup of data if the network fails
- Power and network connectivity can both be delivered via one cable with PoE support
- Zipstream compression technology reduces bandwidth and optimises storage capacity
Ideal for environments such as care homes, libraries, primary schools and corner shops, the Axis M1055-L offers intelligent and unobtrusive monitoring to businesses and organisations looking for a cost-effective solution.
- Installation guide
- Wall mount
- Terminal block connector
- Windows decoder 1-user license
Back To Top
- Wall mounting - no additional accessories needed
- Corner mounting - no additional accessories needed
- Ceiling mounting - Axis T91A11