Overview of the Axis Live Privacy Shield application
- Reliable, cost-effective solution for monitoring activity indoors without collecting personal data
- Supported by fixed Axis IP cameras with firmware 9.6 or higher
- Choice of colour or mosaic masking
- Easily define areas with no masking
- E-licence - one licence per camera
The Axis Live Privacy Shield application enables users to carry out surveillance while safeguarding privacy. This edge-based app is supported by fixed Axis IP cameras with firmware 9.6 or higher and is ideal for use in indoor locations where surveillance is otherwise problematic due to privacy rules and regulations such as in processing, and manufacturing environments. Users can choose between colour or mosaic masking depending on the level of privacy required, and with real-time dynamic masking at high frame rates - this smart application provides users with a reliable and cost-effective solution for privacy safeguarding.
Axis Live Privacy Shield runs onboard fixed Axis IP cameras and allows businesses to safeguard privacy, whilst enabling the surveillance of indoor locations. Users can effectively address rules and regulations protecting privacy and personal data by masking the identities of individuals in live and recorded footage – an issue that can ultimately be detrimental to a business if not addressed properly.
The identities of individuals are masked by comparing a live camera view with a set background scene and then applying dynamic masking to areas of change – with users being able to set how often the background should automatically update. The app can mask changes in real-time and can do this at up to full frame rate depending on the camera’s resolution. Various levels of masking are supported - and users can choose between colour or mosaic masking. Colour masking provides a higher level of privacy, while mosaic masking shows moving objects in very low resolution to allow users to better distinguish forms by seeing an object’s colours. In some applications, it is beneficial for certain areas of the scene to be free from privacy masks, such as in factories where users want to monitor items travelling along a conveyor belt. In such cases, it is easy for users to define areas with no masking. In addition, users can also choose to configure the system to deliver a separate stream without masking to allow authorised viewers to access details for investigative purposes after an incident.
Axis Live Privacy Shield is designed for use in indoor locations with good, stable lighting; scenes with lots of reflections are not appropriate for this application. It runs directly on fixed Axis IP cameras with firmware 9.6 or higher, meaning no expensive central servers are required – also making the system easy to scale.
Please note: this product is available as a single or 10-pack licence (please select in the dropdown menu) – one licence is required per camera.
Key features & benefits
- E-licence Live Privacy Shield application is compatible with fixed Axis IP camera with firmware 9.6 or higher
- Provides a reliable, cost-effective solution for monitoring indoor scenes without collecting personal identification data
- Real-time dynamic masking at up to full frame rate depending on camera resolution
- Users can choose between colour or mosaic masking to tailor the solution to their specific requirements
- Easy to define ‘exclude’ areas with no masking in applications where certain details need to be viewed clearly
- Users can configure the system to deliver a separate stream with no masking – enabling authorised viewers to access details for forensic purposes
- Designed for use in indoor locations with sufficient, stable lighting
- Runs on the edge; eliminating the need for expensive central servers
- Available as a single or 10-pack licence (select from the dropdown menu)
Axis Live Privacy Shield is designed for use in indoor areas with good, stable lighting. This smart application provides users with a cost-effective solution for reliable surveillance while safeguarding privacy. Typical applications include processing and logistics environments, as well as in retail, education and at government facilities.
Back To Top
- 10-pack licence (select from the dropdown menu)