Overview of the Axis C2005
This Axis C2005 network ceiling speaker is a professional ‘all-in-one’ speaker system, designed to play background music and deliver live or scheduled audio announcements to indoor locations. It features a flat-profile design which allows it to easily be installed into a ceiling panel and also includes a built-in amplifier, microphone and loudspeaker. In addition, Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) supplies power and network connection over one cable for quick and cost-effective deployment.
This versatile unit can be easily integrated into new or existing IP systems to deliver a flexible audio solution that is capable of high sound pressure exceeding 95dB. The Axis Audio Player application is pre-installed and includes a helpful range of features to enable straightforward delivery of audio announcements and background music. Users can create and schedule playlists from music saved to the on-board MicroSD card (not included), or from the app’s range of supported music streaming services. Live audio announcements are supported and pre-recorded audio clips can be set to play at specific times. In addition, these audio clips can also be configured to play as a result of a triggered alarm that has been defined onboard an IP camera or in Axis Camera Station video management software.
Multiple speakers can be controlled simultaneously by creating specific zones; this makes it possible to play different music or announcements, as well as control the audio settings of an individual speaker or group of speakers. These user-defined zones are particularly helpful in larger systems as they allow users to efficiently manage settings and ensure the correct messages or music are delivered to the correct location.
During installation, built-in test tones are provided for calibration and verification – allowing users to optimise the speaker’s performance to its surrounding environment. Once installed, the user can also perform a remote Auto Speaker Test to confirm that the speaker is working properly by playing and measuring the test tones.
Please note: this product does not come with a power supply, please select from the dropdown menu if required.
Key features & benefits
- Fully-featured speaker system provides an all-in-one audio solution that is suitable for a range of indoor applications
- Slim design allows users to easily flush-mount the unit into a ceiling panel
- PoE supplies the unit with both power and network connectivity over a single cable for a quick and cost-effective installation
- Integrated amplifier enables high pressure exceeding 95 dB for the delivery of clear audio
- Users can schedule and play audio easily via the pre-installed Axis Audio Player application
- Zones can be created to allow simultaneous and easy management of multiple speakers
- Audio can be played manually, at a scheduled time or on an event basis when triggered by a camera in the system
- Users can access various online music streaming services easily through the Axis Audio Player app
- Music playlists and audio clips can be stored locally on the speaker’s on-board MicroSD card (not included)
- Auto Speaker Test function checks the speaker is working by playing and measuring built-in test tones
Compatible recording platforms
The Axis C2005 network ceiling speaker allows users to easily stream background music and deliver live or recorded audio clips. The compact speaker can be installed via PoE and provides an all-in-one audio solution that is suitable for a range of indoor applications such as retail stores, gymnasiums and museums.
- Installation guide
- AVHS authentication key
- Axis Camera Station license key
Optional (please select from the dropdown menu):
Back To Top