This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Axis M4327-P
Overview of 0257-003 Axis 212
The Axis 212 IP camera is an ideal solution for indoor surveillance of shops, reception areas, server rooms and more. The 212 features an innovative pan/tilt/zoom implementation. In a normal PTZ camera, the lens is part of a mechanism that moves to focus on a specific area of the camera's field of view. In the 212, the user can see the entire 140° field of view then choose to instantly zoom into any part of the available image using the 212's digital PTZ feature. As well as being a more efficient use of the camera's capabilities, the lack of moving mechanical parts reduces maintenance costs.
The 212 features signal processing and progressive scan technologies to ensure images are free of distortion and blur. A built-in microphone gives you the ability to monitor audio from the camera's surroundings, and built-in motion detection and audio alarms can trigger recording and notify you by e-mail of any activity.
Power over Ethernet provides both a network connection and power to the camera through a single cable, reducing time and costs during installation, and a tamper-resistant case ensures protection of the camera from attempts to interfere with its workings.
Please note: this camera does not come with a Power over Ethernet power supply. Please select if required.
A vandal-resistant version is available.
Key features & benefits of 0257-003 Axis 212
- Full overview and instant zoom allows you to see the entire viewing field of the camera with the ability to instantly pan/tilt/zoom into the area you want to monitor
- Advanced signal processing and progressive scan eliminates motion blur or distortion from the image
- Tamper-resistant design deters attempts to interfere with the camera
- No moving parts means no wear on mechanisms, reducing maintenance costs
- Built-in microphone allows you to listen in on the camera's surroundings
- Power over Ethernet provides a one-cable solution for power and network connectivity
- The included Axis Camera Station One software provides a complete camera, recording and playback solution out of the box for ease-of-use
Typical applications of 0257-003 Axis 212
The 212 is suitable for indoor monitoring of areas in locations including offices, shops, factories, schools and universities
Accessories for 0257-003 Axis 212
- Power supply
- Angled wall-mount
- Mounting and connector kit
- Installation guide
- CD with installation tools
- Recording software and user's manual
- Key for tamper-proof screws
- Windows decoder (1-user licence)
Back To Top
- Axis Camera Station video recording software for live image monitoring, recording, playback and system management for installations of more than one camera
- Axis 295 Video Surveillance Joystick