This product has now been discontinued. Use: Veracity VHW-HW Ethernet over coax.
The Veracity Highwire VHW-HWC is a product bundle including a pair of Highwire Ethernet over co-axial devices. Using a Highwire unit at each end of a co-axial cable allows you to re-use existing analogue video cabling when migrating to a digital IP CCTV system making significant cost savings.
The Highwire device has an analogue BNC connector at one end and a standard RJ-45 network connection at the other. This allows an analogue co-ax cable to be used to transmit data over an IP-based network at speeds of up to 200mbps, ideal for megapixel or multiple IP cameras running off a single connection.
Easy to install, the Highware unit has no IP address and does not hold a network MAC address so it requires no network configuration at all. The unit is also completely transparent to any network devices allowing it to be used in any network situation and with any network device be it an IP camera, computer or printer etc.
Note: This device does not include a power supply. Please select one if required from the options above.
Veracity Highwire VHW-HWC - Key benefits:
- Useful when migrating from an existing analogue CCTV system to a digital IP CCTV solution as existing analogue co-axial cable can be re-used as part of the digital IP infrastructure providing significant cost savings
- High transfer rate of 200Mbps allows the use of bandwidth demanding megapixel IP cameras over a single co-ax cable or alternatively run multiple IP cameras over one connection using a network switch
Veracity Highwire VHW-HWC - Key features:
- Uses legacy analogue video cabling cutting installation costs
- High transfer speed allows megapixel cameras or multiple IP cameras to run across a single co-ax cable connection
- Fully transparent. Will fully support any network device. Highwire is non-detectable on the network
- Simple to install. The Highwire VHW-HW requires no network configuration, has no IP or MAC address
- Can operate at a maximum length of 300m, full speed of 200mbps at lengths of 200m or less
- Auto adapts. Where cable length, quality or interference prevents full rate operation (200Mbps) the device will auto-adapt lowering the total bandwidth as necessary
- Compact and low power. Designed to fit inside camera housings and use the camera power supply (please have an electrician check supply voltages before using camera supply to power Highwire unit)
Veracity Highwire VHW-HWC - Typical applications:
- Ideal for migrating from analogue CCTV to digital IP CCTV systems. Allows the use of existing analogue co-axial cables reducing installation time and costs
Veracity Highwire VHW-HWC - Key technical indicators:
- Analogue interface: BNC connector 75ohm, up to 300m (200m for full data rate)
- Data throughput max.: 200Mbps (total up + down). Auto-adaptation to cable conditions
- Ethernet interface: RJ-45, straight-through or cross-over (auto detected), 100BaseT/10BaseT, full/half duplex with auto negotiation
- Operating voltage: Nominal 12V DC (9-24V working range) or 24V AC (type and polarity auto detected)
- Supply current: 200mA (12V), 100mA (24V)
- Operating temperature: -10°C to 50°C
- Dimensions: (HxWxD) 23 x 54 x 83mm (104mm including connections)
- Weight: 110g (4oz.)
Veracity Highwire VHW-HWC - Connections:
Back To Top
- Analogue connector: BNC 75ohm
- Ethernet connector: RJ-45
- Power input 12V DC or 24V AC terminal block connector