Overview of the Veracity Highwire VHW-HW
The Veracity Highwire VHW-HW is a single Ethernet over coax video device. It has a standard RJ-45 network connector on one side and a co-axial BNC connector on the other. Used in pairs, one Highwire unit is attached at each end of a co-axial video cable by BNC connectors providing a straight RJ-45 to RJ-45 Ethernet connection from its opposite end.
The Highwire unit is designed to utilise existing legacy co-axial video cabling allowing you to migrate to digital IP CCTV without having to install any new cabling. This enables your original investment to be retained saving installation time and costs.
Easy to install, the Highwire VHW-HW needs no network configuration and is completely transparent to other devices on the network. Simply plug in and your coax video cable becomes part of your Ethernet network offering full speeds of up to 200Mbps.
Note: This device does not include a power supply. Please select one if required from the dropdown menu.
Veracity Highwire VHW-HW - Key benefits:
- Legacy coax video cabling can be retained and used for new generation digital IP CCTV surveillance applications providing significant cost savings
- High transfer rate of 200Mbps (max.) allows the use of megapixel or multiple IP cameras to run from a single connection
Veracity Highwire VHW-HW - Key features:
- Uses legacy analogue video cabling cutting installation costs
- High transfer speed allows megapixel cameras or multiple IP cameras to run across a single co-ax cable connection
- Fully transparent. Will fully support any network device. Highwire is non-detectable on the network
- Simple to install. The Highwire VHW-HW requires no network configuration, has no IP or MAC address
- Can operate at a maximum length of 300m, full speed of 200mbps at lengths of 200m or less
- Auto adapts. Where cable length, quality or interference prevents full rate operation (200Mbps) the device will auto-adapt lowering the total bandwidth as necessary
- Compact and low power. Designed to fit inside camera housings and use the camera power supply (please have an electrician check supply voltages before using camera supply to power Highwire unit)
Veracity Highwire VHW-HW - Typical applications:
- Ideal for migrating from analogue CCTV to digital IP CCTV systems. Allows the use of existing analogue co-axial cables reducing installation time and costs
Veracity Highwire VHW-HW - Key technical indicators:
- Analogue interface: BNC connector 75ohm, up to 300m (200m for full data rate)
- Data throughput max.: 200Mbps (total up + down). Auto-adaptation to cable conditions
- Ethernet interface: RJ-45, straight-through or cross-over (auto detected), 100BaseT/10BaseT, full/half duplex with auto negotiation
- Operating voltage: Nominal 12V DC (9-24V working range) or 24V AC (type and polarity auto detected)
- Supply current: 200mA (12V), 100mA (24V)
- Operating temperature: -10°C to 50°C
- Dimensions: (HxWxD) 23 x 54 x 83mm (104mm including connections)
- Weight: 110g (4oz.)
- Warranty: 5 years
Veracity Highwire VHW-HW - Connections:
Back To Top
- Analogue connector: BNC 75ohm
- Ethernet connector: RJ-45
- Power input 12V DC or 24V AC terminal block connector