Overview of the Veracity Highwire Powerstar VHW-HWPS-B4-LL (base unit)
The four-channel, Veracity VHW-HWPS-B4-LL base unit allows for existing coax cabling to be retained during the process of converting analogue systems into digital IP systems - when combined with up to four Veracity VHW-HWPS-C client units. Offering the same functionality as the Highwire Powerstar Base 4, this LINKLOCK variant also provides secure and tamper-proof network connections over coax cable.
LINKLOCK technology detects disconnection/reconnection or tampering to the network connections over coax cable - providing a secure barrier against unauthorised access into your network. It's ideal for installations where network cabling is within an exposed external area and if interruptions are detected, the unit will trigger disconnection of power and data to the channel.
This handy model provides a cost-effective solution for delivering PoE - without the need for new cabling or a local power source. Installation is simplified as power is provided over existing coax cabling, delivering up to 200Mbit/s of bandwidth and power-over-coax at up to 300m (RG-59) or 500m (RG-11).
Please note: this device does not come with a power supply, please select from the dropdown menu if required.
Key features & benefits
- Allows analogue camera systems to be upgraded to digital systems without having to replace cabling
- LINKLOCK technology provides secure tamper-proof network connections over coax cable
- Provides network connection up to a distance of 500m
- Full duplex 100base-TX performance on each coax
- Power is delivered through the network connection with no need for a local power source
- Supports both standard and high Power-over-Ethernet
The Veracity Highwire Powerstar Base 4 LINLOCK four channel base unit can be used to replace legacy video encoders in medium to large CCTV systems that require the upgrade to IP cameras, whilst allowing existing coax cabling to be retained.
Back To Top