Overview of the Veracity Highwire VHW-HWPS-B4 (base unit)
The Veracity VHW-HWPS-B4 four-channel base unit is designed as a direct replacement for legacy analogue video encoders. When combined with up to four Veracity VHW-HWPS-C client units, this handy model allows users to keep existing coax cabling and upgrade their analogue cameras to high-resolution IP cameras.
The unit provides a cost-effective solution for delivering Power-over-Ethernet – without the need for new cabling or a local power source. Straightforward to install with no configuration required, it delivers up to 200Mbit/s of bandwidth and power-over-coax at up to 300m (RG-59) or 500m (RG-11). In addition, the unit’s helpful LED display confirms network and power status via the cable - with no need to access remote equipment to check connections.
This base unit can be used alongside a variety of the Veracity HIGHWIRE Powerstar camera adaptors including the VHW-HWPS-C and Quad VHW-HWPS-C4.
Please note: this unit does not come with a power supply, please select one from the dropdown menu if required.
Key features & benefits
- Enables direct replacement of analogue video encoders to allow cost-effective upgrades to IP cameras
- Allows for existing coax cabling to be retained when upgrading analogue systems
- Provides network connection up to a distance of 500m
- Power is delivered through the network connection with no need for a local power source
- Supports both standard and high Power-over-Ethernet
The Veracity Highwire VHW-HWPS-B4 four-channel base unit can be used to replace legacy video encoders in medium to large CCTV systems that require the upgrade to IP cameras, whilst allowing existing coax cabling to be kept.
Back To Top