Overview of the Veracity VLS-1P-BC
Delivering reliable power and data transmission to IP cameras over coaxial cabling at distances up to 1.4km, this network extender reduces the need for users to install new cabling to an existing coax setup. Compatible with PoE, PoE+ and Veracity power supplies (not included), this unit’s power is supplied through the network source, so requires no local power source – proving a more cost-effective long-range network solution. Multiple units can be easily rack-mounted using the Veracity 1U kit (sold separately) – ideal for larger organisations. Furthermore, power and connection status can be checked instantly using the system’s SafeView LEDs.
Please note: Two versions of this device are available: This is the base model (switch side) which transmits the network signal. A client model (camera side) which connects to the remote device is also available. Additionally, this unit does not come with a power supply. To add a power supply, please select one from the dropdown menu.
Key features & benefits
- Provides reliable data and power connection over coax at a distance of up to 1.4km
- No need for a localised power supply – power can be provided via network connection
- Rack mounting is possible for up to 24 units using an additional mounting kit – ideal for larger installations
- SafeView LEDs instantly show power status with no configuration needed
- Straightforward setup with no need for costly rewiring
Ideal for larger CCTV systems using coaxial cabling, with a need for long-range PoE transmission but do not have an existing network or power infrastructure in place for IP devices.
Back To Top