Overview of the Veracity VLS-1P-CC
The Veracity Longstar network extender uses existing coaxial cabling to transmit data and power over distances up to 1.4km. A Veracity PSU power supply can be connected (selectable from the dropdown menu) or the unit can connect to PoE or PoE+, receiving power through the network connection. As this unit makes use of coax cabling, rewiring is not required – allowing for cost-effective and straightforward integration. Power status can also be easily checked using the SafeView LEDs. Furthermore, up to 24 Longstar units can be rack-mounted using the Veracity 1U kit (sold separately) – ideal for large installations requiring multiple units.
Please note: Two versions of this device are available: This is the client model (camera side) which connects to the remote device. A base model (switch side) which transmits the network signal is also available. Additionally, this unit does not come with a power supply. To add a power supply, please select one from the dropdown menu.
Key features & benefits
- Provides reliable transmission of data and power at a distance of up to 1.4km
- Powered by network connection – no localised power supply is required
- Makes use of existing coax cabling – reducing installation costs
- SafeView LEDs give an instant indication of power status
- Up to 24 units can be rack-mounted using an additional mounting kit – ideal for large installations
This unit is ideal for larger CCTV systems with existing coaxial cabling, that require the installation of PoE equipment over a long distance with minimal disruption and incurred cost.
Back To Top