This product has been discontinued, an alternative model is the Bosch FLEXIDOME IP micro 3000i.
Overview of the Sony SNC-XM631
Compact IK10 rated dome from Sony’s SNC-XM series, capable of full HD 1080p video capture, electronic day/night and edge recording. Also features a wide angle 113° lens, View-DR wide dynamic range, XDNR noise reduction, DEPA intelligent analytics and mobile viewing.
Part of the SNC-XM series of low profile dome network cameras from Sony, the SNC-XM631 provides robust, high quality surveillance ideal for exposed indoor areas. Capable of full HD 1080p video capture and equipped with a 113° view lens, the SNC-XM631 provides smooth recording ideal for wide area surveillance, whilst electronic day/night enables the camera to automatically switch between colour (day) and night (B/W) modes, depending on available light.
Incorporating Sony’s advanced IPELA ENGINE EX signal processing platform, the SNC-XM631 makes use of a variety of image enhancement technologies and intelligent video analytics. Scenes with bright and dark areas such as doorways and windows are effectively captured using View-DR wide dynamic range technology to improve clarity, whilst Sony’s Excellent Dynamic Noise Reduction (XDNR) technology enhances low light image capture by reducing blur, so scenes can be analysed more clearly. Brightness is optimised by Visibility Enhancer (VE), also improving colour reproduction. The SNC-XM631 provides face detection capabilities that can trigger alarm based on rules determined by the user, delivering reliable monitoring to suit different applications.
The SNC-XM631 dome is quick and easy to install, Power over Ethernet (PoE) requires a single cable for installation whilst edge recording enables data to be stored internally to an SD card (not included), and eliminates the need for a centralised recording device. The camera angle can be adjusted using the three-axis lens adjustment that enables the lens to be turned in pan, tilt and rotate axes. The e-varifocal lens enables operators to digitally zoom and adjust the field of view to investigate an event or to assist with identification.
Mobile access is also available through Sony’s Smartphone viewer, for convenient remote viewing.
All Sony X series cameras are compatible with a choice of 3 optional Sony e-Varifocal lenses, available with 83°, 51° or 25° horizontal viewing angles and enabling flexible control over focal length to provide scene coverage suitable for a wide range of surveillance applications (please select from the drop down menu above if required).
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the accessories tab if required.
Key features & benefits
- Compact and robust IK10 rated dome blends seamlessly in exposed indoor areas
- Smooth surveillance footage across wide areas with 113° lens and full HD 1080p
- High quality low light image capture with electronic day night and XDNR noise reduction technologies
- Improved colour reproduction and brightness with Visibility Enhancer (VE)
- DEPA intelligent video analytics offer face detection and alarm triggers based on user-defined rules
- View-DR enables the camera to cope well with challenging lighting environments where dark and bright areas exist simultaneously
- Image stabiliser offsets the effects of camera shake or vibrating, for steady images
- Recording to SD card (card not included) provides low-cost, decentralised storage
- Cost-effective installation using Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- E-varifocal lens provides more detailed scene investigation
- Sony Smartphone Viewer enables video management via mobile devices
- ONVIF compatibility enables easy integration into existing IP video systems with products from other manufacturers with ONVIF support
Compatible recording platforms
The Sony SNC-XM631 dome network camera is ideal for the unobtrusive, high quality surveillance of general exposed indoor applications that may be prone to vandalism. Typical examples include train stations, retail stores, schools, factories, warehouses and offices.
- CD-ROM (supplied programs)
- Installation manual
- Safety regulations
- Warranty booklet
- I/O cable
Optional (not included, please select from the accessories tab if required):
Back To Top