This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Bosch FLEXIDOME IP indoor 4000i
Overview of the Sony SNC-VM600B
The Sony SNC-VM600B is a compact fixed view, minidome network camera designed for the surveillance of areas with harsh light conditions. Featuring Sony's IPELA engine EX processing platform, the camera boasts improved performance in a range of harsh lighting conditions. View-DR boosts the camera's Dynamic Range, allowing it to see events in high-contrast conditions that would blind most cameras. XDNR also improves the visibility of low-light footage by clearing up signal noise for sharper images. In addition to software-based low-light features, the SNC-VM600B's switchable IR filter allows the camera to capture infrared light at night, providing brighter night shots.
To improve the effectiveness of event detection, the SNC-VM600B includes Sony's unique DEPA Advanced analytics, providing on-board intelligent event detection. The system detects objects and evaluates their movements across the view, only triggering events if rules are broken, for example crossing an on-screen line, objects appearing or faces in view. The system also intelligently learns repeated or continuous motion from trees or plants and ignores them to prevent continuous triggering without the need to mask off detection areas.
Please note: This camera does not come with a power supply. Should you require a Power over Ethernet midspan, please select one from the options above.
A version of this camera which produces a frame rate of 60fps is also available: Sony SNC-VM600 network camera.
Key features & benefits of the Sony SNC-VM600B
- Vandal-resistant dome housing - monitor high-risk indoor locations where vandalism or unintentional damage is likely
- View-DR Wide Dynamic Range system - increasing the camera's dynamic range to 130dB, View-DR allows the camera to see clear detail in areas subject to strong, high-contrast lighting or sources of backlight
- Low-light visibility - true day/night switching and Sony's XDNR noise reduction system ensure low-light video is clear, with subjects in view easily identified
- Intelligent Video Analytics - Sony's improved DPEA Advanced video analytics system improves detection/false alarm ratio by employing object-detection with rule-based event triggering
- Easy focus/zoom - the cameras focus and zoom levels are motorised and can be accurately set through the web interface, reducing installation times
- On-camera recording - prevent footage loss during network outages by recording video to an SD memory card
Typical applications for the Sony SNC-VM600B
This IP camera is suitable for surveillance of locations susceptible to strong or harsh lighting, or where low-light surveillance is required of indoor locations such as supermarkets and department stores, showrooms, office buildings, shopping centres and libraries.
Included accessories for the Sony SNC-VM600B
Back To Top
- Software CD
- Installation manual
- Mounting template
- Audio cable
- I/O cable
- BNC cable
- Power input cable
- Screw M3
- Wire rope
- Safety regulations pamphlet