Overview of the Sony SNC-VM600
The Sony SNC-VM600 is a compact, vandal-resistant minidome network camera which captures HD 720p video at 60fps frame rate; double that of most IP cameras. The fast frame rate and HD resolution make the camera ideal for environments where sleight-of-hand or fast movement of subjects need to be captured clearly, for example cash handling areas and car parks. The SNC-VM600 has excellent low light performance, delivering more than double the sensitivity of Sony's previous 5th generation cameras, with a minimum illumination of 0.05 lux in Colour mode and 0.04 lux in B/W mode.
The camera is also suited to areas of extreme, harsh lighting. Sony's View-DR Wide Dynamic Range system cuts through high-contrast lighting to see detail in bright and dark areas simultaneously. With day/night switching and Sony's XDNR noise reduction system, the camera is also well-suited to low-light conditions. The camera can also be combined with infrared illumination for a true 24-hour monitoring solution.
Please note: This camera does not come with a power supply. Should you require a Power over Ethernet midspan, please select one from the options above.
A version of this camera with 30fps frame rate is available: Sony SNC-VM600B network camera
Key features & benefits of the Sony SNC-VM600
- 60fps high frame rate - with high frame rates, this camera is suitable for capturing events such as sleight-of-hand or very fast movement, which other cameras may miss
- Wide dynamic range - capture detailed footage from scenes with very bright and very dark areas simultaneously
- DEPA Advanced on-camera video analytics - detect movement in view without detecting false events such as moving branches with intelligent object-based motion detection
- Low-light surveillance - switchable infrared-cut filter and software-based noise reduction produce superior footage in near-dark conditions
- On-camera recording - save footage lost during network outages by backing up video to SD memory cards
- Easy focus/zoom - adjust the camera's view and focus from the web interface, simplifying maintenance and installation
Typical applications for the Sony SNC-VM600
This camera's high frame rate and low-light capabilities make it suitable for monitoring areas with rapid movement or where very smooth video must be produced, especially in areas with little external lighting such as cash rooms, department stores, casinos, point-of-sale areas, warehouses and entrance ways.
Accessories for the Sony SNC-VM600
- Software CD
- Installation manual
- Mounting template
- Audio cable
- I/O cable
- BNC cable
- Power input cable
- Screw M3
- Wire rope
- Safety regulations pamphlet
Optional: (please select from accessories tab if required)
- PoE Midspan
- SD card
- Mounting accessory