This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Bosch DINION IP 5000
Overview of Sony SNC-CH140
The Sony SNC-CH140 is a fixed IP security camera capable of delivering a highly detailed HD 720p image, making it suitable for implementation in areas where facial identification is a priority, such as mass transit terminals or warehouses.
The SNC-CH140 is equipped with an integrated infrared-sensitive black and white filter. In extremely poor lighting conditions the camera will switch from a colour image to an infrared-sensitive black and white image, offering an effective surveillance presence is almost all conditions (infrared lighting required, not supplied). In addition to this, Sony's DEPA intelligent video analytics can inform you of any visual or audio activity outside of defined parameters and will also alert you to attempts to tamper with the camera.
Alongside this, the SNC-CH140 sports a number of image processing techniques to improve picture quality in challenging conditions. View DR™ offers improved image quality in environments with extreme backlighting or highlighting. XDNR™ reduces motion blur in low-lighting conditions. Easy Zoom and Easy Focus aid installers by correcting the image once the camera is installed in place.
The SNC-CH140 is a Power over Ethernet camera. This allows a network connection and a power supply to be sent to the camera through a single cable, simplifying installation and reducing costs. Recorded footage can be stored remotely or locally on the camera itself using a CompactFlash card (not supplied). The SNC-CH140 also comes with Sony RealShot Manager Lite, providing an out of the box recording and playback solution.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply. Please select if required.
An outdoor POE version is available.
Key features & benefits of Sony SNC-CH140
- HD 720p image delivers a detailed image suitable for applications such as facial identification
- Offers a round-the-clock surveillance solution utilising an integrated infrared-sensitive black-and-white filter and infrared lighting (not supplied)
- Sony View DR™ technology compensates for extreme backlighting or highlighting conditions
- DEPA Advanced technology notifies you of any audio or visual activity in the camera's environment outside of user-defined parameters
- XDNR™ technology reduces motion blur in low lighting conditions
- Footage can be stored locally on the camera itself using a CompactFlash card (not supplied)
- Can wirelessly stream footage when equipped with a Sony wireless card (not supplied)
- Power over Ethernet provides power and a network connection through a single cable
- Included RealShot Manager Lite software provides an out of the box solution for playback and recording, no additional software is required
Typical applications of Sony SNC-CH140
The SNC-CH140 is ideal for scenarios where facial identification is a priority, such as in warehouses and bus and train terminals
Accessories for Sony SNC-CH140
- Sony SNC-CH140 IP camera (SNC-CH140)
- Internal wall mount bracket with swivel head (VB1B)
- CD-ROM (User’s Guide, SNC Toolbox, RSM-Lite)
- Installation manual
- B&P warranty booklet
- Wire rope
Back To Top