Overview of the CamStreamer Store Occupancy Manager App
- Management of premises to limit occupancy, prevent shoplifting and promote sales
- Compatible with a range of Axis IP cameras
- Event triggers help to notify security personnel or switch indicator LEDs on or off
- Public view monitor connection via an Axis decoder, or IP camera or main unit’s integrated HDMI port
- E-licence - one licence per camera
Part of the Camstreamer range; Store Occupancy Manager (SOM) App is a versatile occupancy management solution that is suitable for a range of scenarios including retail stores and gyms. Run on-board an Axis IP camera, the SOM app uses people-counter data gathered by Axis Occupancy Estimator software (not included) and allocates a limit to this. A stop/go overlay graphic can then be displayed over the live stream to a video output – helping users to effectively manage the number of people in their premises. In addition, the app can also be used to prevent shoplifting and help enhance service provision.
Please note: designed for use with Axis IP cameras, this occupancy management solution requires an additional People Counting app (not included) to run alongside the CamStreamer Store Occupancy Manager App. These pieces of software can be run together on the same Axis IP camera or on separate Axis units (see compatible camera list).
CamStreamer’s Store Occupancy Manager App retrieves data calculating the number of people in a location from the Axis Occupancy Estimator app; this information can then be displayed via graphic overlay on the live video stream via a local monitor to incoming visitors. The local display can be incorporated through the connection of an Axis decoder, or through the camera or main unit’s integrated HDMI port – making it easy for visitors to be informed when occupancy has been exceeded. This intelligent application can also be a handy method of notifying security personnel of excess occupancy, as well as helping to prevent theft in retail spaces by clearly letting customers know the store is being monitored. Additionally, the app enables the display of promotional content through overlay graphics to help boost sales of specific items or services.
This versatile application includes a range of interesting features that help users to effectively manage and better utilise their premises. Live video from the Axis network camera can be displayed when a HD display screen is connected. This can show overlay graphics and animations based on the number of people currently in vicinity so that when the limit is reached, the screen shows a ‘stop’ sign or other custom graphics to tell incoming visitors to wait. The application allows users to display up to four overlay graphics simultaneously, as well as supporting graphics in GIF format and text information ticker widgets for visual communication of marketing material. In addition, security staff can be notified of activity with support for various event triggers, including switching indicator LEDs on or off, playing of audio messages over connected speakers and control of automatic doors.
A secondary app (not included) is required to provide basic people counting data so that the Store Occupancy Manager App is able to manage the number of people in a location. Both apps are run onboard the Axis IP cameras, and SOM can be controlled from the API, meaning it can be configured remotely; and users can feed graphics and text from their network shared drive. The solution can also be built independently or as an addition to an existing security infrastructure as SOM is VMS agnostic.
Please note: a single Store Occupancy Manager App licence is required per Axis IP camera.
Key features & benefits
- E-licence Store Occupancy Manager application is compatible with a wide range of Axis IP cameras
- Axis Occupancy Estimator app (not included) is required to provide basic people counting data
- Enhances management of premises to limit occupancy, prevent shop lifting and promote sales
- Support for event triggers such as notifying security or switching indicator LEDs on or off
- Public view monitor can be connected via an Axis decoder, or an IP camera or main unit’s integrated HDMI port to display overlay graphics and help prevent shoplifting
- Users can display up to four graphics simultaneously for engaging communication with customers
- Runs on-camera so no need for extra PCs or complex configurations
- Visual communication of promotional material is possible through support for animated GIFs and text information ticker widgets
- Control through API for remote configuration and feeding of graphics and text from network shared drives
- Solution can be built independently or as an addition to an existing security infrastructure
CamStreamer’s Store Occupancy Manager App is an ideal choice for retailers with a need to closely monitor and control the number of customers in their store at any given time whilst also working to prevent shoplifting and promote their products. Typical applications include shoplifting prevention in clothing retailers, occupancy management in gyms and displaying promotional information in the window of supermarkets.
This video clip illustrates the functionality and uses of the CamStreamer Store Occupancy Manager App