Overview of the Microsemi PD-9506G/ACDC/M
The Microsemi PD-9506G/ACDC/M high Power-over-Ethernet (PoE+) midspan supplies power for up to 6 connected cameras via an Ethernet cable from a remote location. This also removes the need for a local power source and allows management of power from a centralised location. Additionally, this unit is ideal for users looking to upgrade their current IP based infrastructures to PoE.
Fully compliant with IEEE 802.3af and IEEE 802.3at standards, each of the 6 ports receives up to 72 Watts of power and also features data throughput speeds of 10/100/1000Mbps. Being an Energy Efficient PoE midspan (EEPOE) allows for up to 50% reduced power dissipation when compared to PoE switches and 2-pair midspans. This unit is also simple to install and can be easily fitted into a 1U 19” rack mount.
Key features & benefits
- 6-port midspan providing up to 72 Watts of power to each port (450w max)
- Fully compliant with Power-over-Ethernet IEEE802.3af and IEEE802.3at standards
- Supports a data throughput of 10/100/1000Mbps
- EEPoE allows reduced power dissipation
- Supports both IPv4 and IPv6 addressing
- Guaranteed consistent uptime
- Gives safe and reliable power over existing Ethernet infrastructures
- 1U 19” rack-mountable
The Microsemi PD-9506G/ACDC/M PoE midspan provides power to individual IP cameras or other network devices. Ideal for small to medium sized businesses, typical applications include GP practices, gymnasiums and small offices.