This product is no longer available, a suggested alternative is the Hikvision DS-2DP0818Z-D
Overview of the Hikvision DS-2DP1636-D
This multi-sensor IP camera by Hikvision provides clear panoramic overviews across large locations. Suitable for external installation, the IP66-rated unit houses eight sensor modules that deliver two 180° overviews in 8MP resolution at full frame rate. The unit is also supplied with a 36VDC power supply and includes built-in MicroSD card storage.
Using the camera’s virtual PTZ function, the original 180° images can be examined in more detail and users can zoom into specific regions quickly with just the click of a mouse. This feature can be particularly helpful when monitoring open areas that have multiple areas of interest.
The camera is designed to deliver full colour images even in low-light but will switch to infrared mode automatically if conditions are too dark to continue in colour. The unit also includes a set of imaging technologies such as wide dynamic range (WDR) and 3D noise reduction to help improve image quality in difficult lighting conditions. In addition, defog technology helps improve image clarity in scenes subject to environmental conditions such as fog, haze and smoke.
Video motion detection alarms can be configured to alert users of possible incidents and external devices can be connected through the camera’s integrated I/O ports to enhance alarm signalling. Users can also choose to connect a microphone and speaker (not included) through the audio I/O ports to enable audio recording and two-way communication with those close to the camera.
The Hikvision iVMS-4200 software is supplied free-of-charge and offers a simple video management solution. This handy piece of software also allows users to stitch together the two 180° images captured - providing a full 360° overview that increases situational awareness.
The popular compression formats H.264 and MJPEG are both supported and with the use of dual-streaming, the operator is able to configure streams in different resolutions - saving on storage and bandwidth costs. On-board storage is also included and provides a backup if the network fails, recording files onto the MicroSD card (not included).
Key features & benefits
- Multi-sensor IP camera features 8 separate sensor modules for wide area coverage
- Unit delivers two 180° views in 8MP resolution at 25 frames per second
- IP66 rated housing is suitable for external use and provides protection against outdoor conditions
- Virtual PTZ feature allows areas of interest to be examined in detail with the click of a mouse
- WDR and 3D noise reduction technologies improve image clarity in challenging light conditions
- Configurable video motion detection alarms help to notify users of activity for reliable IP CCTV monitoring
- External devices can be connected via alarm I/O ports for enhanced alarm signalling
- Audio I/O ports support the connection of an external microphone and speaker to provide two-way audio
- Hikvision iVMS-4200 is included and allows both 180° images to be stitched together – providing a full 360° panoramic overview
- H.264 and MJPEG compression options allow flexible system configuration
- MicroSD card storage provides a data backup in the event of network failure
Compatible recording platforms
The Hikvision DS-2DP1636-D PanoVu multi-sensor IP camera offers two 180° overviews in 8MP resolution and is ideal for monitoring large outdoor locations. Typical applications include train station terminals, large university campuses and city surveillance.
- Hikvision iVMS-4200 video management software
- Installation guide / manual on CD
- 36 VDC power supply
(please select from the above drop down menu if required)
- MicroSD card
- Mounting options