This product is now discontinued, an alternative model is the Raytec Vario2 i8-2
Overview of the Raytec Vario i8-2
Part of Raytec’s low-voltage, high performance Vario series of infrared illuminators, the i8-2 delivers flexible 850nm IR illumination up to a maximum of 310m distance and up to 180° angle. Supplied with 10°, 35° or 60° interchangeable holographic lenses in addition to optional 80° and 120° lenses (available to select from the above drop down menu), users are able to adapt the level of illumination to best suit requirements. The Vario i8-2 double illuminator enhances the performance of an infrared sensitive CCTV camera, enabling long-range monochrome image capture in complete darkness and providing a 24-hour security solution. IP66-rated, the i8-2 can be used indoors or outdoors.
Featuring hot-spot reduction technology (HRT), the Raytec Vario i8-2 is able to deliver light directly to where it is needed in the form of an elliptical beam, this prevents foreground objects from becoming overexposed, reduces light and energy waste and generates further illumination distance. Reliable and high performance operation is ensured by Platinum advanced LED technology, Light Intensification Miniature Optics (LIMO) and an enhanced Cool Running thermal management system.
Supporting energy savings features such as power adjust, timer function and telemetry control, the i8-2 is cost-effective to run, whilst offering maximum performance. The unit can be remote controlled for easy set up and feature use (remote control not included – please select from above if required). The Vario i8-2 has a 5 year warranty and comes with a wall/ceiling mount bracket.
Beam distances for Raytec Vario i8-2:
|10 x 10°
||310m at 10°||220m at 20°|
|35 x 10°(fitted as standard)
||170m at 35°||120m at 70°|
|60 x 25°
||112m at 60°||80m at 120°|
|80° x 30°
||70m at 80°||50m at 140°|
|120° x 50°
||65m at 120°||45m at 180°|
Please note: this illuminator does not come with a power supply, please select from the above drop down menu if required.
Key features & benefits
- Maximum of 310m beam distance and 180° angle, ideal for illuminating large areas
- Interchangeable lens system provides flexibility and suitability for a wide range of applications, 10°, 35°and 60° lenses are included, 80° and 120° are available separately (please select from the drop down menu above if required)
- Platinum advanced LED technology, Light Intensification Miniature Optics (LIMO) and an enhanced Cool Running thermal management system provide reliable and optimised performance
- Hot spot reduction technology (HRT) delivers highly diffused illumination directly to where it is most needed, preventing foreground objects being overexposed, enabling further illumination distance and reducing light and energy waste
- Designed for use in combination with an infrared sensitive CCTV camera, enabling long range black and white image capture in total darkness and providing a 24-hour surveillance solution
- Suitable for outdoor use
- Built-in green features including power adjust, timer function and telemetry control lower running costs
- Active LED life control delivers consistent optical output and reliability
- Instant operational feedback from the Vario LED status indicator
- 5 year warranty
- Included wall/ceiling mount bracket
- Optional remote control for easy set-up and access to features (not included – please select from the above drop down menu if required)
The Raytec Vario i8-2 double infrared illuminator is designed for use in CCTV systems with infrared sensitive cameras in applications that require high performance 24-hour surveillance of large outdoor or indoor areas. Typical applications include airports, train stations, industrial parks and public square and parks.
- 10°, 35° and 60° lenses
- Wall/ceiling mount bracket
Optional (please select from above if required):
- Raytec Vario power supply
- Raytec Vario remote control
- 80° or 120° angle lens