Suitable for indoor monitoring applications, this Sony IP camera provides high-quality recording - 24 hours a day. The unit includes intelligent video analytics and smartphone viewing for users who want to manage their system remotely.
- HD 720p resolution
- Varifocal lens: 92.5°-35.7° viewing angle
- Up to 20 privacy masking zones
- XDNR technology for improved imaging
- Remote access via smartphone viewing
- Sony 3-year warranty
This product has been discontinued, an alternative model is the Bosch DINION IP 5000.
Overview of the Sony SNC-EB600
Sony SNC-EB600 network camera with enhanced image processing, intelligent motion detection, wide dynamic range and H.264 compression.
Part of Sony's new sixth generation of cameras, the SNC-EB600 indoor network camera delivers HD 720p at 30 frames per second 24/7, with an automatic IR-cut filter enabling the camera to produce monochrome images during night time and providing a constant surveillance solution. Sony IPELA engine signal processing provides advanced imaging technologies, View-DR wide dynamic range, XDNR noise reduction and DEPA advanced intelligent video analytics such as removed object detection, left object detection and intrusion detection for efficient monitoring in high quality.
The Sony SNC-EB600B
is an electric day/night version of this camera.
See how DEPA advanced intelligent video analytics works:
The Sony SNC-EB600’s Exmor CMOS sensor produces high quality images which are then improved further with the Visibility enhancer (VE) feature, optimising brightness and colour reproduction in an image pixel by pixel whilst continuously adapting to the lighting within a scene. Image stabiliser also minimises the effect of vibration or camera movement on images captured so footage is crisp and well defined.
Variable or constant bitrate compression modes gives the user flexibility on bandwidth and storage management and H.264 and JPEG codecs give further flexibility on compression method.
Installation of the SNC-EB600 is made easy with PoE support, enabling the camera to be located in areas where traditional cabling may be difficult. PoE allows only a single cable for both power and network connectivity, saving on installation and maintenance costs. Camera-natice smartphone viewing allows remote access to the camera, giving the user viewing flexibility, ideal for business owners on the move. ONVIF compatibility means the Sony SNC-EB600 can be integrated with other IP products from different manufacturers.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select a midspan from the accessories tab if required.
Outdoor version of this camera: Sony SNC-EB600 outdoor POE bundle.
Key features & benefits
- HD 720p video at 30 fps provides high frame rate in high detail, sufficient for almost all CCTV applications and appearing smooth to the human eye
- IPELA engine signal processing delivers advanced technical features for optimised surveillance
- True day/night functionality provides a round-the-clock security system, producing highly detailed mono images during night-time
- View-DR wide dynamic range captures images clearly and prevents light from saturating detail in an image
- Visibility enhancer optimises brightness and colour reproduction pixel by pixel for clearer images
- Intelligent video analytics can trigger user-defined alarms for a secure, efficient CCTV security system
- XDNR eliminates noise captured in low illumination for clearer images
- Up to 20 privacy masking zones enables the operator to blank out sensitive areas from the camera's field of view, such as a chip and pin machine, with various gradients and colours
- PoE simplifies the installation process and reduces subsequent maintenance costs
- ONVIF compatibility means the SNC-EB600 can be easily integrated into an existing IP system with other ONVIF compatible products
- Smart phone viewing gives the user remote access and provides flexibility of viewing and recording management
- 3 year manufacturer warranty
Compatible recording platforms
The Sony SNC-EB600 network camera is suitable for indoor surveillance applications that require high frame rate, detailed monitoring around the clock such as retail stores and indoor railway stations. The intelligent video analytics and smartphone viewing are useful features for users who want to manage their security system remotely without constant manual surveillance. The privacy masking feature is also ideal for small business where sensitive information needs to be hidden.
- Sony SNC-EB600 network camera
- Universal wall / ceiling mount bracket (part no. VB1)
- Installation manual
- Wire rope
- Screw M4
- Safety regulations
Key technical features for Sony SNC-EB600
|Sensor:||1/3-type progressive scan Exmor CMOS|
|Lens:||CS-mount varifocal lens, horizontal viewing angle: 92.5° to 35.7°, vertical viewing angle 72.7° to 28.6°, focal length f = 3.0 mm to 8.0 mm, F-number F1.0 (wide) to F1.65 (tele)|
|Zoom:||optical zoom 2.7x, digital zoom 4x|
|Power:||PoE system (IEEE 802.3af compliant) class 2|
|Compatibility:||Windows XP (32 bit) Professional Edition, Windows Vista (32 bit) Ultimate, Business Edition, Windows 7 (32/64 bit) Ultimate, Professional Edition, Windows 8 Pro (32/64 bit), Microsoft DirectX 9.0c or higher, Intel Corei7 2.8 GHz or higher, Microsoft Internet Explorer Ver. 7.0, Ver. 8.0, Ver. 9.0, Ver 10.0, Firefox Ver. 19.02 (plug-in free viewer only), Safari Ver. 5.1 (plug-in free viewer only), Google Chrome Ver. 25.0 (plug-in free viewer only)|
|Resolution:||1280 x 1024, 1280 x 960, 1024 x 768, 1280 x 720, 800 x 600, 720 x 576, 720 x 480, 704 x 576, 640 x 480, 352 x 288, 320 x 240 (H.264, JPEG)|
|Compression:||H.264 (high/main/baseline profile), JPEG|
|Frame-rate:||H.264: 30 fps (1280 x 1024), JPEG: 30 fps (1280 x 1024)|
|Bandwidth control:||CBR/VBR (selectable)|
|Day/night:||automatic IR cut filter|
|Minimum illumination:||(50 IRE) colour: 0.05 lx (F1.0, View-DR off, VE on, AGC on, 1/30s, 30 fps), B/W: 0.04 lx (F1.0, View-DR off, VE off, AGC on, 1/30s, 30 fps). (30 IRE) colour: 0.03 lx (F1.0, View-DR off, VE off, AGC on, 1/30s, 30 fps), B/W: 0.02 lx (F1.0, View-DR off, VE off, AGC on, 1/30s, 30 fps)|
|Imaging:||View-DR, auto-gain, exposure control, white balance, wide dynamic range, image stabiliser, tone correction, noise reduction|
Viewing, detection & recording
|Privacy masking:||20 zones, Quadrangle shape formed by any four corner points, Opaque 14 colors (Black, White, Red, Green, Blue, Cyan, Yellow, Magenta, Gray (6 scales)), Mosaic|
|Number of users:||20|
|Alarm detection:||passing, intrusion, left object detection, removed object detection, tamper alarm, face detection, intelligent video analytics, DEPA davanced analytics architecture|
|Alarm action:||recording, emails|
|On-camera recording:||not supported|
|Recording software included:||n/a|
|Power:||PoE system (IEEE 802.3af compliant) class 2|
|Other:||mini jack x1|
|Dimensions:||72 mm x 63 mm x 145 mm(without lens), 72 mm x 63 mm x 199 mm (with lens)|
|Weight:||4.8kg (with lens, net)|
|Colour:||top cover: Munsell 3.6GY 8.4/0.3, bottom cover: Munsell 3.6GY 8.4/0.3, front panel: Munsell 3.5PB 2.2/0.4, rear panel: Munsell 4.4BG 8.4/0.2|
|Mounting methods:||ceiling, wall|
|Operating temperatures:||-10 °C to +50 °C (14°F to 122°F)|
|Power consumption:||5W max|
|Protocols supported:||IPv4, TCP, UDP, ARP, ICMP, IGMP*, HTTP, DHCP, DNS, NTP, RTP/RTCP, RTSP over TCP, RTSP over HTTP, SMTP, IPv6, HTTPS, SNMP (v1, v2c, v3), SSL|
|ONVIF compliant:||yes profile S|
Documentation for Sony SNC-EB600