This product has now been discontinued and replaced by the Sony SNC-VB600.
Overview of the Sony SNC-VB600B
The SNC-VB600B IP camera is part of Sony's 6th Generation series of surveillance cameras featuring their impressive IPELA EX engine. A step up in performance, this camera delivers excellent image performance with low noise in low light and in scenes with harsh or demanding lighting scenarios. Coupled with its DEPA Advanced analytics capabilities such as face detection, left object and removed object detection, it is a real all-round performer.
Sony's improved View-DR system increases the camera's dynamic range, correctly exposing images in high-contrast lighting where other cameras would be blinded. Excellent Dynamic Noise Reduction (XDNR) also minimises image noise to make a subject's features more easily identifiable under low light conditions.
With DEPA Advanced technology, the camera can intelligently ignore random motion. Instead, the camera detects objects and evaluates their movement, only triggering an event where necessary, reducing the occurrence of false alarms. When combined with infrared lighting the camera also provides a true 24-hour monitoring solution, capturing infrared light at night for clear monochrome footage.
Please note: This camera does not come with a power supply. Should you require a Power over Ethernet midspan, please select one from the options above.
A 60fps version of this camera is available: Sony SNC-VB600 IP camera
Key features & benefits of the Sony SNC-VB600B
- IPELA EX engine - benefit from a wide range of on-camera image processing functions, including View-DR wide dynamic range software and XDNR image noise reduction
- DEPA Advanced - on-camera intelligence identifies moving objects in view rather than random motion. Combined with intelligent rule-based event detection, this system dramatically reduces falsely detected alarms and can deliver alerts on specific developments in the surveillance scene
- Day/night capability - capture footage in complete darkness by combining the camera with infrared lighting for a true 24-hour monitoring solution
- Easy focus - quickly and accurately optimise the focus of the camera without direct access to the camera hardware
- SD card recording - provide an on-camera backup to recording devices, adding another layer of redundancy
Typical applications for the Sony SNC-VB600B
This professional surveillance IP camera is suited to environments where HD video is required in low-light environments, or environments where strong backlight/harsh contrasting light conditions are expected. For example, warehouse doorways, department store entrances, industrial or manufacturing facilities, server rooms and reception areas.
Included accessories for the Sony SNC-VB600B
- Setup software CD
- Installation manual
- Wire rope
- M4 Screw
- Terminal connector for power
- Safety pamphlet