This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the I-PRO WV-S65340-Z4N
Overview of the Panasonic WV-SW598
This advanced WV-SW598 pan-tilt-zoom dome camera from Panasonic delivers full HD 1080p smooth video with a powerful 30x optical zoom for high-end CCTV surveillance with the facility to monitor distant objects in detail. Packed with advanced features this camera offers effective automatic tracking of moving objects such as a car or person entering the camera's field of view, whilst Panasonic's face detection technology captures clear shots for identification of individuals. With 360 degree endless panning and high-speed tilt and zoom the camera is able to keep the object or person in the centre of its view, which ensures smooth video capture and maximum security. The pan-tilt-zoom mechanism is industrial grade for intense 24 hour use, ensuring long life and reliable operation.
The highly sensitive 2.4 megapixel MOS sensor combined with Panasonic's MEGA Super Dynamic technology, true day/night switching and a clever de-fogging feature means the WV-SW598 delivers exceptionally high image quality in the toughest of conditions: bright, dark, shaded, rainy or even fog. Its rainwash coating reduces mineral settlement, keeping the dome bubble as clean as possible. High-performance progressive scan ensures moving objects such as cars are captured free from motion blur, whilst advanced 3D digital noise reduction makes the images clearer in low-light scenarios. The Panasonic WV-SW598-E is an all-round solution for when it comes to high-level security demands.
The Panasonic WV-SW598 has built-in video motion detection with up to 4 configurable detection areas allowing effective, accurate setup to reduce false alarm triggers. When an intruder is detected an alarm is triggered, email notification can be sent, FTP upload and/or recording can start, either to the on-camera SD card (not included) and/or a recorder on the network.
Full duplex two-way audio (mic and speaker not included) facilitates interactive communication through the camera between site and user, which is useful for issuing verbal warnings. Up to 32 privacy masking zones can be set, allowing the operator to block out private or sensitive areas so these are not viewed or recorded. The Panasonic WV-SW598E network camera allows for more control over the bit rate through Variable Image Quality on Specified area (VIQS), which allows 2 areas of the image to retain higher quality than the remainder of the image which may not be of the same interest, also lowering file size and making data management more flexible and efficient.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply. If you require a PoE midspan, or a PoE+ midspan, please select from the above drop down menu.
Key features & benefits
- Full HD 1080p images at up to 30 fps providing high quality, smooth video useful for evidence analysis and person identification
- Advanced 2.4 megapixel high sensitivity MOS sensor
- Panasonic MEGA Super Dynamic technology offering 128x wider dynamic range for high-performance in strong backlight situations and scenes with both bright spots and shade
- Vandal resistant, IP66 rated dome with rainwash coating and temperature control to withstand impact, rain, dust and low temperatures
- Hard-wearing pan-tilt-zoom mechanism with 360 degrees endless panning, high-speed tilt and 30x optical zoom
- Two way audio enables two-way verbal interaction through the camera for giving instructions or warnings
- Face detection technology adjusts focus onto faces to ensure clear visibility
- Advanced auto tracking with high-speed pan and tilt camera movement to maintain the tracked person or object in the centre of the camera’s view, enabling optimum security surveillance
- Auto-back focus facilitates installation and ensures optimised camera set up
- True day/night through the use of an IR cut filter enabling the camera to produce monochrome images at night time, and revert automatically back to full colour images in daylight. Can be used in combination with external infrared lights.
- VIQS (variable image quality on specified areas) allows for smaller file sizes and lower bit rate giving flexibility with network traffic management
- SD card storage possible for on-camera recording for back-up of footage or when network bandwidth is limited
- PoE support enables the camera to be powered and network-connected through one cable, reducing installation costs and time
- ONVIF compatible
Compatible recording platforms
- Panasonic network video recorders
The Panasonic WV-SW598 high-end IP dome is suitable for applications that require advanced, high-level surveillance in business critical areas, such as for example high-security buildings, airports, prisons, financial institutions, casinos and sporting venues. With its fast panning and tilting mechanism, its advanced imaging technologies and smooth full HD video capture, this camera is also ideal for crowd control and city centre deployment.
- Installation guide
- Protection cover
- RJ45 connector
- 8P alarm cable
- Connector kit for 24Vac
- Front/rear sunshield
- Front/rear sunshield fixing screws
- Code label
Back To Top
- Panasonic WV-Q122 wall mount bracket
- SD card (not included)
- PoE midspan (please select from above drop down menu if required)