This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the I-PRO WV-S65340-Z4N
Overview of Panasonic WV-SW397B
The Panasonic WV-SW397B outdoor dome PTZ IP camera delivers HD 720p images at up to 30 frames per second (fps), with Super Dynamic and Adaptive Black Stretch (ABS) technology which improves the camera’s dynamic range for clearer images in scenes with challenging light conditions. Additional features include Variable Image Quality on Specified area (VIQS), Smart coding technology, 2-way audio, SD card storage and Power-over-Ethernet plus (PoE+).
Users can navigate across large areas with precision using this camera’s variable pan/tilt movements (including 360° endless panning) and a tilt range of -15° to 195°. Combine this with a powerful 30x optical zoom, plus an extra 45x HD optical zoom when the camera resolution is set to 1280 x 720, and the operator is able to easily examine areas of interest in closer detail.
This unit also uses Super Dynamic and Adaptive Black Stretch (ABS) technology which provides up to 128x wider dynamic range compared to conventional cameras, helping to ensure that details in scenes with both bright and dark areas are not lost. This is deployed alongside Face Super Dynamic technology which assists in delivering clearer facial details when identification is required.
Variable Image Quality on Specified area (VIQS) technology allows the user to set two designated areas that they wish to retain the highest image quality, whilst excluded areas will have decreased image quality – lowering total bandwidth and storage. Further savings are made by using Smart coding’s Group of Pictures (GOP) control setting, which lowers bitrate when there is no movement in a scene, only increasing when moving objects enter the frame.
The camera’s weather-resistant casing, with a rain wash coating dome cover, is also IK10-rated for impact protection, making this PTZ ideal for deployment in exposed areas where tampering or vandalism may be a problem. Users can also choose to connect a microphone and speaker (not included) through the audio I/O ports to enable audio recording and two-way communication with those close to the camera. Additionally, Power-over-Ethernet plus supplies the unit with both power and network connectivity over a single cable for a quick and cost-effective installation.
Please note: This camera does not come with a power supply or mounting bracket. Please select if required.
Key features & benefits of Panasonic WV-SW397B
- Delivers full 720p HD images at up to 30fps
- 68° horizontal viewing angle provides optimum scene coverage
- Full PTZ functionality and variable speed pan/tilt movements provide responsive navigation and 360° endless panning
- A 30x optical zoom enables real-time investigation into specific regions of interest
- 12x digital zoom allows further investigation into the original image
- IP66 and IK10-rated for durable outdoor use in harsh weather conditions
- Super dynamic and Adaptive Black Stretch (ABS) technology enables details in scenes with both bright and dark areas to be viewed clearly
- Face Super Dynamic Range provides clearer facial imagery for identification
- Smart coding with GOP control lowers bandwidth when there is no movement in the frame
- Advanced Auto tracking enables automatic panning and tilting to keep a detected object in the centre of the image
- True day/night functionality with IR-cut filter provides round-the-clock surveillance
- VMD (Video Motion Detector) features four programmable detection areas, 15-step sensitivity level and 10-step detection size
- Two-way audio is supported with the connection of a microphone and speaker (not included)
- Recordings can be written to the on-board SD card (not included) to provide a helpful backup of data if the network fails
- PoE+ supplies the camera with both power and network connectivity via a single cable – simplifying installation
Typical applications of Panasonic WV-SW397B
With full PTZ functionality, plus a weather resistant and IK10-rated casing, the Panasonic WV-SW397B is ideal for installation in wide open exposed areas that require detailed surveillance. Typical applications include train stations, amusement parks and logistics centres.
Accessories for Panasonic WV-SW397B
Back To Top
- Setup CD
- Installation guide
- Cable coupler (used with the network cable)
- 8-pin alarm cable
- Connector for 24 V AC
- Front/rear sunshield
- Front/rear sunshield fixing screws
- Code label