This product has been discontinued and succeeded by Milestone XProtect Professional+ base licence
Overview of the Milestone XProtect Professional - Base Licence
Milestone XProtect Professional software is a powerful surveillance suite, suitable for medium-sized businesses. Designed for surveillance systems with more than 48 IP devices, this version of XProtect software can span across multiple servers and supports data archiving to Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices along with the centralised management of users via Microsoft Active Directory.
XProtect Professional is aimed at mid-sized security installations covering multiple buildings where it’s crucial to have a real-time overview of your entire security system. Multi-server and Active Directory support allow for efficient deployment and maintenance of a distributed surveillance system and with no limitation to the number of cameras and users, it’s a scalable solution too. Support for third-party software applications and XProtect add-on products offer a diverse range of video solutions to increase the levels of functionality in a system. XProtect Professional also offers multi-layered maps for a complete graphical overview of installations and multi-channel, 2-way audio to allow operators to communicate with people at gates or entrances.
Milestone’s Open Platform design offers compatibility with over 6000 IP devices that, when combined with software-base video motion detection, allows you to maximise the capability of every IP camera in a system. System setup is simplified with the use of helpful configuration wizards and automatic camera detection features.
For easy access to a system, Milestone provides three helpful interfaces. Full system management on site is provided with the XProtect Smart Client and helpful remote access to live footage, playback and the sharing of recordings is available via the XProtect Web Client. Additionally, Milestone Mobile is a free application offering views of both live and recorded video - directly via a smartphone or tablet.
Please note: This licence is for the installation of the XProtect Professional recording server only. To add camera licences you will need to purchase a Milestone XProtect Professional camera licence for each device.
Key Features and Benefits
- Milestone XProtect Professional provides a scalable video management solution with no limit to the number of connected cameras
- Multi-server support enables versatile deployment of XProtect Professional at a large site
- Support for Microsoft Active Directory provides centralised and efficient user management
- Archiving to NAS devices is supported to offer a secure and long-term storage solution
- XProtect add-on products and third-party software integration enhances system functionality
- Unlimited concurrent users for extensible usage across a number of locations
- Multiple video export formats allow for flexible recording management
- Open Platform design is compatible with over 4000 IP devices – offering wide camera choice
- XProtect allows all connected IP cameras to be used for motion detection using powerful software-based detection and triggers
- Configuration wizards and automatic camera detection enables simple set up
- Instant access and system management is provided via the XProtect Smart Client
- XProtect Web Client offers remote access to a system from any internet-enabled device
- Milestone Mobile application allows operators to view live video and playback recordings from a mobile device – free of charge
- Video motion detection alarms and connected external devices can trigger recordings and alert operators of possible incidents
- Multi-layer interactive maps offer a full overview of the camera system
- Camera based audio can be listened to live or in playback - helpful when investigating events
- Two-way audio is supported to enable the delivery of warnings or instructions in live view
- Alarm Manager provides a clear and consolidated overview of security and system-related alarms
- Video search tools enable quick retrieval of recordings
- PTZ patrols and up to 50 pre-set positions are supported and can be set to trigger on an event basis
Milestone XProtect Professional is an ideal video management solution for a medium sized installation that is spread across multiple buildings such as museums, production plants, hospitals and universities.
Back To Top
- XProtect Professional Base Licence
The base licence is required for installation of XProtect Professional on your server. The licence is for single-server and multi-server installations.
- XProtect Professional Camera Licence
In addition to the base licence, a Milestone XProtect Professional camera licence is required for every IP camera or video encoder channel you wish to add your system.