Overview of the Microchip PD-9024G
The Microchip PD-9024G is a rack-mountable midspan designed to supply High power over Ethernet to up to 24 separate compatible devices, suited to large IP surveillance networks, phone networks or wireless access point systems. The midspan can provide a combined power output of up to 1000W, eliminating the limitations on the number of high-power devices which can be powered simultaneously.
IEEE 802.3af and IEEE802.3at power protocols are supported, meaning that items compatible with both protocols can be powered from the same midspan. Power can also be controlled either locally or remotely using the integrated web interface, PowerView Pro application or the SNMPv3 protocol, providing an easy way to power-cycle or control remote devices.
The Midspan is also very robust, featuring midspan-to-midspan failover so that if a complete hardware failure occurs, another similar unit can take its place instantly, minimizing downtime. Additionally, the midspan is compatible with Microchip Redundant Power Supplies so that should the power supply fail, a second unit will immediately start providing power.
This midspan is available as a UK or EU variant (please select from the dropdown menu).
Key benefits & features
- Power up to 24 Power over Ethernet devices using standard Ethernet cabling
- Supports both IEEE802.3af and IEEE802.3at power protocols
- Supplies up to a total of 1000W of power (dependent on model selected)
- Remotely or locally control power to each device using the integrated web interface, PowerView Pro application or SNMPv3 protocol
- Data throughput of up to 1Gbps available
- Midspan-to-midspan failover adds redundancy in case of hardware failure
- Compatible with Microchip Redundant Power Supplies
- Safety systems automatically close power connections if a short is detected or an incompatible device is connected
- Supports IPv6 addressing, future-proofing the device
- Mount the midspan into 19" rack cabinets
The Microchip PD-9024G would be ideal for large IP surveillance networks, communications systems and Wireless Access Point networks where multiple Power over Ethernet devices are to be powered from a centralised location.
Key technical indicators
- Number of ports: 24
- Data rates: 10/100/1000 Mbps
- Operating temperatures: -10 to 40°C
- Power input: 110-240V AC or 55V DC, 50-60Hz (2.75A)
- Power output: 55V DC, 36W typical per channel (aggregate 1000W or 450W max)
- Power standards: IEEE802.3af, IEEE802.3at
- Pin Assignment: 4/5 (+), 7/8 (–)
- Weight: 6.5kg
- Casing: Plastic
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 438mm x 272mm x 44mm
- 24 x 10/100/1000MBps RJ-45 Ethernet connections (Network in)
- 1 x 10/100/1000MBps RJ-45 Ethernet connection (Management port)
- 24 x 10/100/1000MBps RJ-45 Ethernet connections with Power over Ethernet (Network and power out)
- USB type B Console port
- HD-D-Sub-15 RPS Com connector
- IEC power connector
Back To Top
- IEC UK power cable
- Setup CD
- Rack Mount Lugs