Overview of the Microchip PD-9006G
The Microchip PD-9006G is a rack-mountable High Power over Ethernet midspan which can power up to six compatible devices through their Ethernet cables, ideal for powering small security camera systems or IP phone networks. The midspan simplifies the installation of multiple devices by combining data and power into a single cable, reducing wiring, and providing power to remote devices without a local power source.
The midspan is capable of a total power output of 450W which can be remotely controlled using the included PowerView Pro software, SNMPv3 protocol or using the web interface, providing an effective means to power-cycle or switch off devices remotely. The PD-3006G is compatible with IEEE802.3af and IEEE802.3at power protocols, so that devices compatible with each protocol can be powered from the same midspan.
Microchip redundant power supplies are supported by the PD-9006G, so that should a hardware error occur, the system remains online. Additionally, the unit features midspan-to-midspan failover, so in the event of a complete system failure, a similar unit can instantly replace it. The midspan can also be mounted into standard 19" rack cabinets, making installation quick and easy.
This midspan is available as a UK or EU variant (please select from the dropdown menu above).
Key features & benefits
- Power up to six separate Power over Ethernet devices
- Supports both IEEE802.3af and IEEE802.3at Power over Ethernet devices
- Provides up to 36W of power per port (450W max aggregate output)
- Control the power to each device using included software, SNMPv3 protocol or via the web interface
- 10/100/1000MBps data throughput available
- Midspan-to-midspan failover provides redundancy in case of hardware failure
- Compatible with Microchip Redundant Power Supplies for added reliability
- Built-in safety features prevent damage to incompatible devices and cut power when faults are detected
- Supports IPv6 addressing, future-proofing investment
The Microchip PD-9006G could be used for a variety of applications such as powering a multi-camera surveillance network, powering network-based phone systems, simplifying cable installations or powering remote devices without a local power source (Power over Ethernet compatibility required).
Key technical indicators
- Number of ports: 6
- Data rates: 10/100/1000 Mbps
- Operating temperatures: -10 to 40°C
- Power input: 110-240V AC or 55V DC, 50-60Hz (2.75A)
- Power output: 55V DC, 36W typical per channel (aggregate 450W max)
- Power standards: IEEE802.3af, IEEE802.3at
- Pin Assignment: 4/5 (+), 7/8 (–)
- Weight: 6.5kg
- Casing: Plastic
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 438mm x 272mm x 44mm
- 6 x 10/100/1000MBps RJ-45 Ethernet connections (Network in)
- 1 x 10/100/1000MBps RJ-45 Ethernet connection (Management port)
- 6 x 10/100/1000MBps RJ-45 Ethernet connections with Power over Ethernet (Network and power out)
- USB type B Console port
- HD-D-Sub-15 RPS Com connector
- IEC power connector
Back To Top
- IEC UK power cable
- Setup CD
- Rack Mount Lugs