This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Axis P3265-LVE
The Bosch NWD-455 FlexiDome is designed as an IP security camera for surveillance in areas where dust and moisture may be a problem and with its toughened aluminium housing and polycarbonate dome, it is strong enough to resist damage due to vandalism.
The NWD-455 is a fixed dome camera which allows 360° pan and 90° degree tilt to allow you to position the lens to capture any view necessary. In addition to this, the camera comes equipped with a 3.7-12mm variable focus lens and 1/3 inch interline transfer CCD sensor. This sensor enables the camera to provide up to 30 images per second across the cameras entire range of resolutions. In addition to this, the NWD-455 offers tri-streaming technology which allows the camera to provide 3 simultaneous streams (two MPEG-4 and one JPEG stream). This is useful in situations where low resolution and high resolution images are required at the same time for example, a high resolution stream for local viewing and a lower resolution stream for remote viewing across internet. Additionally, the NWD-455 comes with an analogue composite BNC connector for connecting to an existing analogue CCTV surveillance system or for use with handheld installation monitors during installation.
Power over Ethernet is also supported by the NWD-455. This means that only a single standard Ethernet cable needs to be run from the existing network to the camera which contains both power and data, saving time and money. Alternatively, a 24VAC/12VDC power supply may be used (not included). Also provided is an on-screen display to assist with focussing during installation.
Being that the camera is likely to be placed in high security surveillance applications, the NWD-455 employs a range of anti-tamper features to combat vandalism and intentional damage. The camera comes equipped with software to detect whether the camera has been covered, has had the aim altered, has defocused or has suffered a video loss of any kind.
The NWD-455 also offers support for iSCSI network attached storage devices. With this, the camera can stream images directly to a network attached storage device without the need for a standalone video recording device, reducing the costs of creating a surveillance system. Additionally, the camera offers 10Mb of on-board storage.
An additional option for the NWD-455 is the Intelligent Video Motion Detection (IVMD). Conventional motion detection takes a current image and compares it against one taken previously. If a certain percentage of the picture has changed then the camera will flag an event. With intelligent motion detection the camera registers a cluster of altered pixels as an object. It can then keep track of position and direction of the object. It is even intelligent enough to know the relative size of an object dependant on its distance from the camera. This provides you a great deal of control and dismissal of alerts, for example, you may not wish to be alerted if a car exits a car park but you may wish to be aware when one enters. Please note this is not available as standard and requires an additional license. As with all network cameras the Bosch NWD-455 Flexidome IP camera has a built-in web server and can be accessed directly via a Local Area Network (LAN), a Wide Area Network (WAN) or via the Internet as a streaming IP webcam.
Note: This network camera does not include a power supply. Please select one from the options above.
Bosch NWD-455 FlexiDomeDN - Key benefits:
- High quality images supplied with large variety of viewing angles
- Power over Ethernet support reduces installation costs
- iSCSI support eliminates the need for an additional network video recorder
- Toughened Aluminium casing with polycarbonate dome for areas prone to vandalism
- IP54 rating provides dust and splash resistant design allowing for installation outdoors with a little added protection. Install under the eaves of a house for example
Bosch NWD-455 FlexiDomeDN - Key features:
- 1/3 inch interline CCD imaging sensor
- Max. resolution 704x576(4CIF)
- Max. 30 images per second across all resolutions
- Uses MPEG-4 compression, bandwidth throttling and multicasting capabilities to manage balancing bandwidth and storage requirements against image quality
- Intelligent video features include tamper detection which can alert a user when the camera has been moved, obscured or damaged. Optional intelligent video motion detection can be added (not supplied)
- Nightsense technology for low-light monitoring provides usable images at 0.23 lux (30 IRE)
- Notification by email with image attachment on alarm trigger such motion detection or tampering alarm
- High impact vandal resistant housing with tough polycarbonate bubble
- IEEE802.3af Power over Ethernet support
- Tri-streaming video modes using MPEG-4 and MJPEG
- Manage network settings and basic camera set up using an on screen display using analogue output on a monitor to aid installation. Install the camera without the need for a computer or laptop
- iSCSI support allows connection of network attached storage devices without stand-along video recording equipment
Bosch NWD-455 FlexiDomeDN - Typical applications:
- The NWD-455, being dust and splash proof and vandal resistant, would be best suited for security surveillance in areas susceptible to dust and moisture, such as open air train stations and shopping centres as well as factory floors and warehouse entrances
Bosch NWD-455 FlexiDomeDN - Key technical indicators:
- Storage efficient tri-streaming: dual MPEG-4 and JPEG simultaneously
- Sensor: 1/3 inch interline transfer CCD
- Lens: 3.7-12mm varifocal lens with manual zoom and focus adjustment, IR corrected, auto iris, horizontal viewing angle: 76.1° (wide) – 55.8° (tele)
- Available frame rates: up to 30 images per second across all resolutions
- Available Resolutions: 704x576(4CIF), 704x288(2CIF), 352x576(halfD1), 352x288(CIF), 176x144(QCIF)
- Compression format: MPEG-4 and JPEG
- Minimum light level required: Colour: 0.58 lux (30 IRE), 1.3 lux (50 IRE), NightSense: 0.23lux (30 IRE), 0.5 (50 IRE)
- Number of simultaneous users: 5
- Internal memory: 10Mb
- Power: +11 to +36 VDC (750mA), 12 to 28 VAC 45/65Hz (850mA), IEEE802.3af PoE
- Power consumption: 10.5 VA (max)
- Supported protocols: Telnet, RTP, HTTP, ARP, TCP, UDP, IP, ICMP, IGMPv2/v3, SNMP
- Construction: IP54 rated aluminium body, clear polycarbonate dome with UV-blocking and anti-scratch coating
- Operating temperatures: -10°C to +40°C (+14°F to +104°F)
- Weight: 1.8kg (without lens)
Bosch NWD-455 FlexiDomeDN - Connections:
- Ethernet 10/100-Base-T, auto-sensing, half/full duplex, RJ45
- 3 Pole, Push-in power connector
- Video out signal connector: 1x Analogue composite 2.5mm jack socket, 75ohm
Bosch NWD-455 FlexiDomeDN - Accessories included:
Back To Top
- Focus aid
- Quick installation guide
- CD-ROM with manual, software, and tools