This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Bosch FLEXIDOME IP 3000i IR Outdoor Dome
Overview of the Bosch FLEXIDOME IP outdoor 4000 HD
This outdoor-ready dome IP camera is part of the Flexidome series by Bosch. It delivers high quality, HD 720p resolution at full frame rate (30fps) for an affordable price. The unit’s rugged IK10 rated housing, alongside support for true day/night recording, make it an ideal choice for round-the-clock surveillance of exposed scenes. Additional features include support for two-way audio, edge recording and remote monitoring with the Bosch Video Security mobile application. Built-in infrared (IR) LEDs are available as an optional feature, providing night-vision at a range of up to 15m.
Models available (please select from the dropdown menu above):
- HD 720p resolution (NDN-41012-V3)
- HD 720p resolution and 15m infrared night-vision (NDI-41012-V3)
The varifocal lens (3.3mm – 10mm) provides a 35.37° ~ 105° horizontal viewing angles, enabling wide area coverage with a single IP camera. The remote electronic pan/tilt/zoom (E-PTZ) controls allow the user to examine the original image in more detail – helpful when trying to identify objects or persons. User defined regions of interest produce separate streams for viewing and recording. These streams, along with the main stream, allow the operator to separately view areas of interest whilst retaining an overall awareness.
Bosch's dynamic noise reduction technology produces a clearer image by analysing the scene and reducing levels of noise that are commonly seen in low-light video. The combination of clearer images and the unit’s efficient H.264 compression technology results in reduced storage and bandwidth streams (by up to 50%) that still retain a high image quality and smooth motion. Intelligent defog improves visibility and can be configured to activate when conditions such as smoke, fog and haze are detected.
The unit can provide two-way audio when a microphone and speaker are connected via an external I/O port (not included), enabling audio recording and verbal interaction through the camera. Audio, tamper and motion detection alarms are configurable to notify users of possible incidents.
The operator is able to choose from software or web-based viewing options including the free Video Security app. This remote monitoring solution supports access to view images, camera control and the viewing of recordings all from a mobile device.
Multiple configurable streams in H.264 and MJPEG are supported and with the use of area-based encoding, compression parameters for up to eight user-defined regions can be set. This allows regions of less interest to be highly compressed, leaving a higher level of bandwidth for parts of the scene deemed more important. Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) supplies the unit with both power and network connectivity via a single cable - resulting in a quick and cost-effective installation. Additionally, edge storage using a built-in MicroSD card slot (card not included) allows local storage, providing a backup solution in the case of network failure.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the accessories tab if required.
Key features & benefits
- Delivers HD 720p resolution at 30 fps, providing high quality IP CCTV footage
- True day/night functionality provides round the clock surveillance of outdoor installations
- Varifocal lens allows optimum scene coverage to be set during installation
- Intelligent dynamic noise reduction improves video quality in low lighting, whilst reducing bandwidth and storage levels
- Defog technology improves image quality in harsh weather conditions such as smoke, fog and haze
- Wide dynamic range (WDR) ensures detail is captured in scenes with challenging light conditions
- Audio I/O port supports two-way audio and allows sound to be recorded – this can increase the evidential value of recordings
- Motion detection and tampering alarms can be configured to enhance scene awareness for reliable surveillance
- Supports power through PoE for quick and cost-effective installation
- H.264, Motion JPEG and area-based encoding help to manage and reduce bandwidth and storage levels
- Optional IR model is available (please select in dropdown menu above) and provides an illumination range of up to 15m
Compatible recording platforms
- Milestone XProtect
- Bosch Video Management System
- Bosch Video Security mobile app
The Bosch FLEXIDOME IP outdoor 4000 HD outdoor network camera delivers high quality, full HD 720p monitoring 24 hours a day. Offering a cost-effective surveillance solution, it's small and compact design make it suitable for applications such as retail stores, school receptions and office entrances.
- Screw kit
- Conduit adapter kit
- Installation documentation
Optional (please select from the accessories tab if required):
Back To Top
- MicroSD card
- Mounting accessories