Overview of the Bosch FLEXIDOME IP Starlight 8000i Outdoor
- Delivers 2MP, 6MP or 8MP resolution video at up to 60fps
- Choice of varifocal lens with up to 36° horizontal views
- Built-in Intelligent Video Analytics for reliable surveillance
- High Dynamic Range technology improves capture in high-contrast lighting
- Bosch 5-year warranty
- Dimensions: Ø 175 mm x 148 mm
Offering users a choice of 2MP (at up to 60fps), 6MP or 8MP (up to 30fps) resolution, the Bosch FLEXIDOME Starlight 8000i is a flexible and robust choice for 24-hour monitoring of outdoor areas. The whole unit is housed in robust IP66 weather-resistant casing to offer protection from inclement weather. The unit’s housing is also IK10-rated for vandal resistance, allowing it to be safely deployed in exposed outdoor areas prone to tampering. Additional features include motorised PTRZ controls (to set the view at installation), Intelligent Video Analytics and Starlight technology.
The camera is equipped with a varifocal lens that offers a choice of viewing ranges that can be set during installation. In the 2MP model, users can choose either 8.10° - 18° or 14.40° - 32°, Whilst the 6MP and 8MP models offer 7.10° - 20° or 12.60° - 36°, offering a flexible choice, suitable for many requirements. Equipped with motorised pan, tilt, roll, zoom (PTRZ) capabilities it is easy to find the right angle remotely via the Bosch Project Assistant application. Users are able to adjust the camera’s positioning with a single click, saving valuable time and equipment costs.
This unit features advanced imaging technologies such as High Dynamic Range, Starlight technology and Dynamic Noise Reduction for detailed footage in a range of light conditions. High Dynamic Range improves video capture in high contrast conditions, balancing highlights and shadows to ensure all details can be seen. Starlight is an innovative feature that delivers full-colour video in dimly lit environments, whilst Dynamic Noise Reduction reduces noise in ultra-low light footage - resulting in a clearer image requiring less bandwidth.
To provide proactive monitoring, this camera features a range of analytics including Bosch’s Intelligent Video Analytics (IVA). IVA is specifically designed to differentiate between genuine security events and false triggers – such as snow, rain, wind, and water reflections – delivering highly accurate detection and reducing costly false alarms. Furthermore, Camera Trainer allows the user to define objects of interest and set detection parameters. The program uses machine learning to detect target objects (both moving and non-moving) and execute alarms or events. Please note that this program requires a free-of-charge licence to activate.
The free Bosch viewer application offers users with smaller installations a way to remotely monitor live views and playback recorded footage from a mobile device. If a more advanced video management solution is required, users are able to purchase a licence for Milestone XProtect, providing more management options and more in-depth monitoring. The unit’s built-in Dual SD card slots (cards not included) allow data to be stored directly on the camera, serving as a backup in the case of network failure.
Designed for straightforward installation, the camera can be easily installed using Power-over-Ethernet (PoE), significantly reducing the wiring needed as it provides both network and power connection over one cable. Another handy feature is Bosch’s line of universal accessories, allowing consistency in design across different platforms. Dedicated accessories are also available and are listed in the dropdown menu.
Key features & benefits
- Offers a choice of 2MP, 6MP and 8MP resolution video capture up to 60fps
- Choice of varifocal lens available with views up to 36°
- Camera is protected from vandalism and inclement weather, thanks to IP66 and IK10-rated casing
- Motorised PTRZ controls enable remote adjustment of the camera’s view and positioning
- Improved video capture in high-contrast scenes with High Dynamic Range technology
- Starlight technology provides full-colour video in extreme low-light conditions
- Dynamic noise reduction helps decrease noise in low-light footage for more detailed video
- IVA provides accurate detection with fewer false alarms, even in demanding conditions
- Camera trainer uses machine learning to detect pre-defined objects and trigger alerts
- Bosch Viewer is a free application for basic video management and remote viewing
- Dual SD card slots (cards not included) provide a data backup in case of network issues
- PoE support delivers both power and network connection over one cable
- Universal accessories are available to provide easy and consistent installation across a system
The Bosch FLEXIDOME Starlight 8000i provides a uniquely flexible monitoring solution, with a wide range of resolutions and lens sizes, it is easy to find a model that suits your requirements. Equipped with IP66 and IK10-rated casing and advanced imaging technologies, this camera is ideal for exposed outdoor areas that require detailed 24-hour monitoring. Typical applications include outdoor shopping centres, school campuses and stadiums.
- Installation guide
- Safety information
- T-20 security Torx bit
- 2 x rubber grommet for Ethernet cable
- Network patch cable 50cm
- 10-pin I/O connector
- 2-pin power connector
- Cable conduit for side entry
- Washer for cable conduit
- Adapter plate for cable conduit (Ø 3/4" / M25)
- Adapter plate for cable conduit (Ø 1/2" / M20)
- 3 x identification label
Optional (please select from the accessories tab if required):
Back To Top