Overview of the Bosch FLEXIDOME IP outdoor 5000i
This outdoor-ready dome is part of the Bosch FLEXIDOME 5000i series and delivers 5MP resolution at full frame rate – 24 hours a day. It's housed in an IK10-rated metal casing and also features Bosch’s Essential Video Analytics to help deliver reliable CCTV surveillance in exposed locations. Additional features include remote monitoring via the Bosch Video Security mobile app, H.265 support and Power-over-Ethernet (PoE). An IR model is available and provides up to 30m of night vision.
Models available (please select from the dropdown menu):
- 5 megapixel resolution (NDE-5503-A)
- 5 megapixel resolution and 30m infrared night vision (NDE-5503-AL)
The varifocal lens provides wide horizontal viewing angles and allows optimum scene coverage to be set during installation. Should the camera’s zoom require adjustment, the Bosch Automatic Varifocal (AVF) feature allows this action to be carried out without the camera being opened and can be easily activated remotely from a PC or via the onboard camera button. In addition, definable regions of interest produce separate streams for viewing and recording. These, together with the main stream, allow users to separately monitor areas of interest whilst retaining overall awareness.
Low-light imaging is improved with Bosch’s Intelligent Dynamic Noise Reduction Technology (IDNR) which analyses the scene and reduces noise levels accordingly. In addition, intelligent defog is supported which automatically adjusts parameters to help improve clarity in foggy or misty conditions.
Bosch’s Essential Video Analytics is an i-LIDS-approved, edge-based technology that provides a range of configurable alarms to help deliver reliable and accurate surveillance. 14 rules are available and users can set a total of 8 rules to run at the same time. In addition, detailed metadata is recorded at the point of capture - allowing users to later retrieve specific footage from hours of stored video. Running this technology at the edge is beneficial because it allows all processing to be done without putting any load on the network or central resources.
Integrated alarm and audio I/O ports allow users to connect external devices that can help enhance alarm signalling or enable features such as two-way audio. Area-based encoding is also supported and improves bandwidth management by allowing users to define compression parameters for up to eight regions. Less interesting regions can be highly compressed, leaving the majority of available bandwidth for more important areas. In addition, installation is simplified with support for PoE and edge storage provides a backup if the network fails - recording files onto the MicroSD card (not included).
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the accessories tab if required.
Key features & benefits
- Capable of delivering detail-packed 5 megapixel resolution at up to 30 frames per second
- True day/night functionality with a built-in IR-cut filter provides round-the-clock surveillance
- Tough, IP66 and IK10-rated housing offers protection in exposed, outdoor locations
- Varifocal lens allows the viewing angle to be adjusted during installation for optimum scene capture
- Intelligent dynamic noise reduction improves video quality in low lighting, whilst reducing bandwidth and storage levels
- Defog technology improves clarity in areas with misty and foggy conditions
- Bosch’s edge-based, Essential Video Analytics helps increase scene awareness for reliable security monitoring
- Two-way audio is supported with the connection of a microphone and speaker (not included)
- External devices can be connected via alarm I/O ports for enhanced alarm signalling
- H.264, H.265 and Motion JPEG, together with area-based encoding help to reduce bandwidth and storage levels
- Support for PoE reduces cabling and offers a cost-effective installation solution
- Recordings can be stored locally to the on-board MicroSD card (not included) and used as a backup if the network fails
- Bosch Video Security mobile app provides remote access to live views and recording playback – free of charge
- Optional IR model is available (please select in the dropdown menu) and provides an illumination range of up to 30m
Compatible recording platforms
The Bosch FLEXIDOME IP outdoor 5000i network camera is an ideal choice for businesses that require reliable, high-definition CCTV surveillance in exposed outdoor locations – 24 hours a day. Typical applications include loading bays, university campuses and bus stations.
- Screw kit
- Installation documentation
Optional (please select from the accessories tab if required):
Back To Top