This product is discontinued, an alternative model is the Bosch FLEXIDOME IP 3000i
Overview of the Bosch FLEXIDOME IP indoor 4000i
Part of the feature-packed FLEXIDOME 4000i range from Bosch, this indoor IP camera delivers HD 1080p resolution at full frame rate. It supports true day/night recording, as well as Bosch’s edge-based Essential Video Analytics for enhanced security monitoring – 24 hours a day. In addition, this unit offers support for two-way audio, H.265 and Power-over-Ethernet (PoE). An IR model is also available and provides up to 30m of enhanced night vision.
Models available (please select from the dropdown menu above):
- HD 1080p resolution (NDI-4502-A)
- HD 1080p resolution and 30m infrared night vision (NDI-4502-AL)
The camera is equipped with a varifocal lens that enables optimum scene coverage to be set during installation and offers wide horizontal views of up to 101°. Regions of interest are definable by the user and separate streams can be produced for viewing and recording. These, together with the main stream, allow separate areas to be monitored whilst maintaining overall scene awareness.
Low-light imaging is improved with Bosch’s Intelligent Dynamic Noise Reduction technology (IDNR) which analyses the scene and reduces noise levels accordingly. These low-noise images, together with the unit’s efficient H.265 compression technology, result in reduced bandwidth streams that still retain a high image quality.
Using a comprehensive range of configurable alarms, Bosch’s edge-based Essential Video Analytics helps to provide reliable and accurate security surveillance. The i-LIDs approved technology features a total of 14 rules and users can configure a maximum of 8 rules to be run simultaneously. During image capture, detailed metadata is also recorded which enables the quick retrieval of specific footage from hours of stored video. In addition, this advanced technology is all run at the edge – allowing all processing to be done without putting any load on the network or central resources.
The camera features an integrated microphone that allows users to listen in and record audio in the monitored area. Two-way audio can also be enabled when a speaker (not included) is connected via the external I/O port. Audio and motion detections can be used alongside connected external devices to trigger alarms, start edge recording and alert users of possible incidents via email or SMS notifications.
Recordings can be stored locally to the on-board MicroSD card (not included) to provide an ideal standalone solution for small CCTV systems. With support for Power-over-Ethernet (PoE), both power and network connectivity is supplied to the camera over a single cable - helping to simplify installation. Multiple configurable streams in H.264 and MJPEG are supported and with the use of area-based encoding, compression parameters for up to eight user-defined regions can be set. This allows areas that are of less interest to be highly compressed, leaving higher levels of bandwidth for parts of the scene deemed more important.
Bosch offers a range of handy viewing options including the supplied Bosch Video PC Client, browser based access and the free Video Security app. Ideal for smaller systems, this app provides quick access to live views, camera control and recording playback at any time or place – all from a mobile device.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the accessories tab if required.
Key features & benefits
- Delivers smooth HD 1080p resolution video footage at up to 30 frames per second (fps)
- True day/night functionality provides round-the-clock CCTV surveillance of indoor locations
- Varifocal lens offers horizontal viewing angles from 101° - 34°
- Intelligent dynamic noise reduction improves video quality in low lighting, whilst reducing bandwidth and storage levels
- Bosch’s edge based, Essential Video Analytics helps increase scene awareness for reliable security monitoring
- Built-in microphone and support for two-way audio enables verbal interaction and audio recording
- External devices can be connected via alarm I/O ports for enhanced alarm signalling
- H.264, H.265, MJPEG and area-based encoding help to manage and reduce storage and bandwidth levels
- PoE supplies power and network connection to the camera over a single cable for quick installation
- Recordings can be written to the on-board MicroSD card (not included) to provide a helpful backup of data if the network fails
- Optional IR model is available (please select in dropdown menu above) and provides an illumination range of up to 30m
Compatible recording platforms
The Bosch FLEXIDOME IP indoor 4000i HD network camera provides reliable, round-the-clock monitoring of indoor locations in sharp HD resolution. Typical applications include schools, small stock rooms and office buildings.
- Installation documentation
Optional (please select from the accessories tab if required):
Back To Top