Overview of the Bosch DINION IP Starlight 8000 MP
This indoor box IP camera by Bosch is part of the advanced Starlight series and delivers full-colour 5MP resolution imaging – even in near darkness. It supports true day/night recording as well as Bosch’s edge-based Intelligent Video Analytics for enhanced security monitoring – 24 hours a day. Additional features include onboard MicroSD card storage and simplified installation using Power-over-Ethernet (PoE). Choose from two high-quality varifocal lenses to suit either a wide overview or a more selective close-up (please select from the dropdown menu).
Imaging technologies such as Intelligent Auto Exposure (IAE) deliver high-performance front light and backlight compensation by automatically adjusting the camera’s exposure levels for optimum image capture in any light condition. In addition, Bosch’s ultra-low light ‘Starlight’ technology is included and produces detailed, low-noise images in very dark conditions. Low-light imaging is also improved with Bosch’s Intelligent Dynamic Noise Reduction Technology (IDNR) which analyses the scene and reduces noise levels accordingly.
Regions of interest can be user-defined and separate streams for viewing and recording can be produced, allowing these areas to be viewed separately whilst retaining overall awareness. In addition, the user can examine areas of the original image in greater detail using electronic pan/tilt/zoom (E-PTZ) controls – helpful when trying to identify persons or objects.
Intelligent Video Analytics is i-LIDS approved, edge-based technology that provides a range of configurable alarms to help deliver reliable and accurate surveillance. 16 rules are available including line crossing and people counting, and users can set a total of 8 rules to be processed simultaneously. Detailed metadata is recorded at the point of capture, allowing users to later retrieve specific footage from hours of stored video, quickly and easily. By running this advanced technology at the edge, all this processing is done without putting any load on the network or central resources.
Intelligent Video Analytics (IVA) has been specially designed for the most demanding environments. Its ability to differentiate between genuine security events and known false triggers – such as snow, rain, wind and reflections on water help deliver the highest level of accuracy and make it suitable for mission-critical applications. By reducing the occurrence of costly false alarms, users can focus on what is most relevant to them.
Area-based encoding allows up to eight user-definable compression parameters to be set, allowing less interesting regions to be highly compressed, leaving more bandwidth for areas deemed more important. Additionally, recordings can be stored locally to the camera's onboard MicroSD card (not included) for a handy backup of data in the case of network failure and PoE support delivers power and network connectivity over a single cable.
Please note: this camera does not come with a power supply, please select from the accessories tab if required. The supplied lens is not pre-fitted but the CS-mount allows it to be easily attached to the camera body.
Key features & benefits
- Capable of delivering smooth, high-quality video footage in 5 megapixel resolution at full frame rate
- Starlight technology produces full-colour imaging in ultra-low light levels
- Automatic adjustment of exposure levels with Intelligent Auto Exposure provides constant clear imaging in changing light conditions
- Intelligent dynamic noise reduction improves video quality in low lighting and reduces bandwidth
- Bosch’s edge-based, Intelligent Video Analytics helps increase dynamic scene awareness for reliable security monitoring
- Built-in gyro/accelerometer sensor helps simplify the calibration of video analytics
- Audio I/O ports support two-way communication and audio recording with the connection of a microphone and speaker
- External alarm sources can be connected via integrated alarm I/O ports for enhanced alarm signalling
- Objects of interest are tracked continuously when motion is detected using Intelligent Tracking
- Area-based encoding helps to manage and reduce bandwidth and storage levels
- Support for MicroSD card recording (card not included) provides a backup solution in the case of network connection failure
- PoE support helps to reduce cabling and offers a cost-effective installation solution
- Bosch Video PC Client, web browser or free Bosch Video Security mobile app enables easy access to live views and recording playback
Compatible recording platforms
The Bosch DINION IP 8000 MP box IP camera is an advanced IP CCTV solution for indoor locations that require high-resolution video capture – 24 hours a day. Typical applications include museums, universities and manufacturing warehouses.
Optional (please select from the accessories tab if required):
Back To Top
- MicroSD card
- CS mount lens