In the light of a growing number of reports in recent times of Hikvision being implicated in human rights violations in China as well as cybersecurity concerns around the use of its technology, in July 2021 we took the decision to remove Hikvision products from our product offering. The reported concerns conflict with our ethical values and responsibilities.
As a result of this decision, we will, unfortunately, be unable to continue serving customers who are looking to procure Hikvision products from us. Instead, we will help customers find alternatives to Hikvision products.
For customers interested to read more about the reported concerns please find a number of links below.
- Letter from the Biometrics and Surveillance Camera Commissioner to Hikvision
- Morrisons and Tesco ban Chinese CCTV cameras over security fears. Supermarkets to remove surveillance kit supplied by Hikvision and Dahua to protect human rights - The Telegraph, 7th June 2023
- UK to strip Chinese surveillance cameras from sensitive government sites - Financial Times. Ministers to publish timeline for Hikvision and Dahua removal from sensitive sites - Financial Times, 7th June 2023
- Tesco to ditch Chinese-made CCTV cameras over ethical concerns - The Telegraph, 17th March 2023
- UK Government departments ordered to stop installing cameras made by Chinese firms in 'sensitive sites' - Sky News, 24th November 2022
- 11 UK Police forces unaware of human rights abuse links with Chinese CCTV cameras, 14th November 2022
- Edinburgh council to tear down CCTV cameras linked to human rights abuse, 1st November 2022
- The Chinese state-owned CCTV firm with 1M cameras in the UK, Channel 4 (video), October 2022
- The Telepraph, 26th June 2022
- Letter from the Biometrics and Surveillance Camera Commissioner to Rt Hon Iain Duncan Smith MP, 10th June 2022
- Al Jazeera, 17th May 2022
- Security Infowatch article, 27th April 2022
- The Telegraph newspaper article, 21st March 2022
- BBC Technology News 13th November 2021
- The Guardian newspaper article 30th September 2021
- Letter from Surveillance Camera Commissioner to Hikvision 16th July 2021
- Report from the UK’s House of Commons Foreign Affairs Committee 29th June 2021
- BBC technology report and BBC Panorama's report 26th May 2021
- Security INFOWATCH article 16th March 2021
- The Guardian newspaper article 21st September 2020
Last updated: 6th November 2023