Overview of the Axis XPQ1785
- Offers full HD 1080p resolution video at up to 60 frames per second
- Varifocal lens provides horizontal views between 2.3° and 60°
- ATEX-rated stainless steel casing for use in hazardous areas
- Full PTZ capabilities
- Axis 5-year warranty
- Dimensions: 240 x 301 x 372 mm
Designed for use in health, safety and environment applications in which contact with combustible materials may occur, the ATEX-rated XPQ1785 PTZ camera is made from robust stainless steel and is globally certified for use in Class I/II/III Division 1 and Zone 1,21. Delivering HD 1080p resolution video at up to 60 frames per second and full pan/tilt/zoom capabilities, this camera reduces the risk of fire and provides comprehensive monitoring of the entire area. A key feature of this unit is its remote smoke alert analytics. This smart detection alerts operators to early signs of smoke and fire - even if they are not onsite - by sending a notification when smoke is detected, allowing personnel to quickly assess the situation and determine the appropriate response.
Fitted with a varifocal lens, the XPQ1785 allows the desired horizontal view between 2.3° and 60° to be set during installation. For full situational awareness, this unit features 360° endless pan and 90° tilt to capture the entire scene and to track objects quickly and smoothly. The 32x optical zoom enables detailed examination of objects or areas of interest for more in-depth scene awareness. To help reduce the bandwidth usage that comes with high-definition video capture, Axis’ Zipstream is included. This handy compression technology preserves important forensic detail, whilst lowering bandwidth requirements – saving on storage costs.
Clear, detailed footage is paramount to delivering proactive monitoring and this camera includes a range of imaging technologies to ensure the best possible video quality in areas with inconsistent light levels. For environments that feature under and over-exposure, Forensic WDR balances light and dark areas of the image, and as it is optimised for motion, it also reduces visible noise and artefacts in busy scenes – making it easier to identify objects and individuals. Sharp, full-colour footage is captured in very low light, thanks to Lightfinder, maximising the chance of identifying a subject. Moreover, electronic image stabilisation (EIS) is included to provide clear and precise images when the camera is panning or subject to vibrations.
In addition to smoke detection analytics, the Axis XPQ1785 includes a suite of analytics applications including Axis Motion Guard, Fence Guard and Loitering Guard for highly intuitive scene awareness. Edge-based Motion Guard detects motion in a predefined area to trigger alarms, events or notifications, whilst Fence Guard identifies when an object crosses a virtual line in the camera’s view and Loitering Guard alerts users to objects dwelling in an area. Axis Gatekeeper is also available to help monitor a gate or entrance, enabling the camera to instantly zoom in when an object appears, to capture detail when it is most needed. Additionally, this camera also supports Axis Perimeter Defender, Cross Line Detection and the installation of custom applications via the Axis Camera Application Platform (ACAP).
For advanced video management, remote viewing and network-wide monitoring, users can add the camera to a new or existing Axis Camera Station or Milestone XProtect licence. Free remote viewing and basic management are also available on mobile devices with the Axis Companion Application. A 128GB microSD card is preinstalled on the XPQ1785, storing footage directly onto the camera – providing a backup in case of network interruption.
The ATEX-Rated, stainless steel casing is also IP66, IP67 and IP68-rated for water resistance and the camera can operate in temperatures between -60° and 60° - suitable for use in demanding environments such as marine or heavy industry applications. The built-in wiper also protects the lens from droplets and steam that may obscure the camera’s view.
Please note: this robust unit must be installed and configured by an ATEX-Certified installer.
Key features & benefits
- ATEX-rated stainless steel PTZ camera for use in combustible environments
- Delivers clear HD 1080p resolution video at up to 60fps
- Full PTZ capabilities with 360° pan, +/-90° tilt and 32x optical zoom
- Varifocal lens allows views between 2.3° and 60° to be set during installation
- Certified for use in Class I/II/III Division 1 and Zone 1,21
- Smoke detection analytics offer early warnings of possible fires
- Save on storage costs with integrated Zipstream compression technology
- Forensic WDR improves the clarity of video captured in high-contrast conditions
- Lightfinder produces fully detailed colour video in low lighting
- Footage is stabilised when the camera is subject to vibrations thanks to EIS
- Fence guard, Loitering guard and Motion guard can trigger alarms and events when activity is detected in predefined areas
- Axis Gatekeeper can be used to monitor gates and entrances
- Support is offered for a variety of additional analytics and the Axis Camera Application Platform
- Camera housing is IP66, IP67 and IP68-rated for water resistance and can operate in temperatures between -60° and 60°
- Built-in wiper keeps the sensor clear from fogging and water droplets
Globally certified to be installed in hazardous areas, this ATEX-rated camera features intelligent smoke analytics and full PTZ movement for reliable monitoring of areas that need protecting from sparks and heat such as grain terminals, ports and pharmaceutical sites.
- User manual
- Installation guide
- Washer nozzle
- M25 to 3/4" NPT adapters
- Connector kit
- Installation kit
Mounting options (select optional accessories from the dropdown menu)
Back To Top